DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - Prop Guard issue, extremely slower

vancavage

Reactions
I recieved my MA today. As i am just a hobbiest and me and my sone use it i like to use the prop guards for him. On the spark i did not notice any difference in performance. Am i doing something wrong bc on the MA when the prop guards are on its a drastic difference in performance. Unable to get it up over 30mph while without them itll hit 40+. Again with the Spark i had no issues.

It does give a warning about prop guards or extra weight detected.

Hmmm, I flew without mine today, I'll have to give it a shot with them on tomorrow. Could be a limitation they added since it isn't as aerodynamic with them on + the extra weight.

Hmmm, I flew without mine today, I'll have to give it a shot with them on tomorrow. Could be a limitation they added since it isn't as aerodynamic with them on + the extra weight.

I mean that was my first thought since it even gives a "prop guard or extra weight detected" type warning, but being im not a seasoned drone pilot and only have experience with the spark so far it seemed odd to slow it down so drastically vs the spark i could get full speed with the guards which i liked bc it made it an easier decision to just use them.

I look at the prop guards as something that you would use indoors. Also for your first few flights while learning I don't have a set for my Mavic Pro or the P4P+.

I look at the prop guards as something that you would use indoors. Also for your first few flights while learning I don't have a set for my Mavic Pro or the P4P+.
Definitely, I guess I’m more seeing if this drastic decrease in performance was Normal for the air or if something was wrong.

I don't know I don't get mine until tomorrow.

I don’t own a MA, but I do own a MP. There is a setting in the DJI app where you have to select if you are using the prop cages or not. May be a similar setting on the MA perhaps. Check the manual... I’m sure you’ll find your answer there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S