DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air prop motors low magnetic power

dgd3

Reactions

Giving the prop motors, without the props on, a light twist with my fingers shows that three of the motors feel quite weak compared to one of them.
I've started DJI care refresh case which at this point seems to be going well, DJI emailed me a self return shipping label.
I am looking for comments regarding the motors magnetic strength differences.

Giving the prop motors, without the props on, a light twist with my fingers shows that three of the motors feel quite weak compared to one of them.
I've started DJI care refresh case which at this point seems to be going well, DJI emailed me a self return shipping label.
If it flies properly, it can't be much of a problem.

Reactions: ARam55

I think that the 3 motors that "feel quite weak" are probably going to be OK. The Mavic motors are a drum of magnets, that spins around a static core of 9 stator windings. If you finger-spin the drum, you can feel a light vibration as the stators and magnets pass each other (a very light 'judder'). The one motor that doesn't 'feel weak' - could be suffering from a bit of dirt/grass/ hair etc. gunking-up the bearing and stopping it spinning freely. Note however, that if you take the prop's off the motors, and use your fingers to flick-spin the motor drums, the reaction between the magnets and the stators should stop the rotation pretty quickly (i.e. 1/4 to 1/2 turn). That's normal for this type of motor.
The motors are fairly easy to detach from the Mavic Pro - but I'm not sure how difficult they are to get into to clean any dirty bearings ... You can see a simple guide here:
DJI Mavic Air Teardown: What’s inside? - RC Geeks Blog

Reactions: dawgpilot
Hi,
My mavic air 2 motor have a sand.
How disassembled it.
My problem is the magnetic cup

You should start your own thread rather than hijack an existing one. It's a forum etiquette thing. It's easy to do, just click on the button upper right:

New Thread.jpeg

Other than that, welcome to the forum! You will find answers here.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag