DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - Question regarding motors

KayvinM

Reactions
I noticed that all the motors have different magnetic resistances or detent torque when turning them by hand when the drone is off. 2 off the motors have close to the same "nothcy" feeling when turning but the rear right has the least and front right has the most resistance or "notchyness". I know that there are going to be variations in the manufacturing process from motor to motor but just wanted to know if this is normal or if its's something to be concerend about that may lead to future issues.

Reactions: radman
I've seen the same thing on Mavics and it's probably just manufacturing tolerances.

I noticed that all the motors have different magnetic resistances or detent torque when turning them by hand when the drone is off. 2 off the motors have close to the same "nothcy" feeling when turning but the rear right has the least and front right has the most resistance or "notchyness". I know that there are going to be variations in the manufacturing process from motor to motor but just wanted to know if this is normal or if its's something to be concerend about that may lead to future issues.
I have the exact thing with the left rear motor feeling way different to the others. Have you had any issues, is it something to be concerned about?

I have the exact thing with the left rear motor feeling way different to the others. Have you had any issues, is it something to be concerned about?

I have not experienced any issues thus far and from the research I have done I would say you don't need to be concerned. If there is an issue with the motors, the ESC will display the error messages.

I have not experienced any issues thus far and from the research I have done I would say you don't need to be concerned. If there is an issue with the motors, the ESC will display the error messages.
Ok great thanks for info.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11