DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Remote DOA

bluewave

Reactions
I just bought and received a brand new Mavic Air from DJI.

The remote was at half charge upon opening, so when I went to charge the remote, it would not take a charge and instead drained the battery to zero, and still will not charge. I put in a ticket to DJI waiting to hear instructions... aggravating to say the least and poor quality control

Anyone else have problems with Mavic Air remote... ??

Reactions: Mr. C4
How did you attempt to charge the remote controller? What exactly happened while you were attempting to charge it?

Just ruling out possibilities. But you know it charges via the mini USB on the left side, not the full sized USB on the back, correct?

Did you use the little adapter? It has to be pushed in the SIDE port firmly. Why did you let it go dead?

Update: DJI Support contacted me and asked for a video, I should get a repacement, it's new unused...

You might have bent the tab inside the micro usb port on the side of the RC by jamming in the plug upside down. You need to correctly align the tab to the hole on the micro usb plug

Thanks for everyone's comments. I have a great deal of experience with drones, this is the first time I've ever had a defective product like this actually DOA or close...

I did research setup with the Mavic Air, youtube, manuals etc... before setting up... while I had some juice I was able to update firmware, still no charge. Then I rolled back to factory setting, no charge.

All cables were connected properly in the right place, nothing was bent or forced...but still the battery would not charge, but just the opposite, I was using power for all the time spent trying to correct the problem. Finally I let it sit overnight connected to the charger, but that actually drained the battery to zero...

Put in a ticket to DJI support, they requested a "video of the problem" which I obliged...

I have heard of some RC issues in course of researching the issue...it seems there

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929