DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air stolen. Can DJI flight data find it if it was flown somewhere else?

PlanetPapi

Reactions
My DJI Mavic Air ( Flymore combo with case) has been stolen over the weekend from my car along with some other stuff. Incident reported to Sheriff's office(Austin,TX). I don't think I have a serial number as I bought it from another person, slightly used.
I fly it using my iPhone 8+ and frequently sync flight records. Wondering if there is a clever way to find it, if the thief decided to fly it, before selling it off . All ideas are welcome.

UPDATE: Found serial number! 0K1DF1L3ADSSS8

Last edited:
My DJI Mavic Air ( Flymore combo with case) has been stolen over the weekend from my car along with some other stuff. Incident reported to Sheriff's office(Austin,TX). I don't think I have a serial number as I bought it from another person, slightly used.
I fly it using my iPhone 8+ and frequently sync flight records. Wondering if there is a clever way to find it, if the thief decided to fly it, before selling it off . All ideas are welcome.
Your data wont transfer over if the thief flies it since he would need the app and his own dji account.

I have my FAA registration number on the drone body. What happens if the thieves fly it near airport? Who to be blamed?

I have my FAA registration number on the drone body. What happens if the thieves fly it near airport? Who to be blamed?
You have the policereport it is stolen. There is stated when you reported it to the police and when you claim the drone has been stolen. With that in hand, you should be out the line of fire.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
If you haven't, update the police with the serial number. Most city PD's deal with pawn shops to keep on top of stolen items. Also the PD should enter the number into the NCIC data base. That way if a LEO checks the drone for some reason the serial number would come up as a stolen item.

Last edited:
You have the policereport it is stolen. There is stated when you reported it to the police and when you claim the drone has been stolen. With that in hand, you should be out the line of fire.
Contact the FAA and have the drone decommissioned.

Reactions: Thomas B
When you registered it the FAA’ will send you a email with your registration numbers
Look for it there.
Er, yes, thanks, I understand. I was responding to "Too bad you didn't register it."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42