DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air video won’t email

mark50h

Reactions
Been trying to send a short video via email. During filming it says I’m at 1080p/24 but when I get ready to send it as an email it shows it at 4K (to big to send). What am I doing wrong? Just a beginner.

Been trying to send a short video via email. During filming it says I’m at 1080p/24 but when I get ready to send it as an email it shows it at 4K (to big to send). What am I doing wrong? Just a beginner.

Just check the video size of the file, anything bigger than say 20Mb (That's a really short clip even for 1080) won't email on normal emails like yahoo and such. You must upload to YouTube or similar and then email a link. ;)

Reactions: Brian I
Yup, It's a PIA but you will probably have to host it. Youtube has the option of "unlisted" where only the people you send the link can view the video. I use that a lot. I call it the "back side" of my channel.

Yup, It's a PIA but you will probably have to host it. Youtube has the option of "unlisted" where only the people you send the link can view the video. I use that a lot. I call it the "back side" of my channel.
I do exactly the same with the addition of unlisted to share in discussion/forum groups as well. I wonder what percentage of YouTube content isn't published as "public"?

I do exactly the same with the addition of unlisted to share in discussion/forum groups as well. I wonder what percentage of YouTube content isn't published as "public"?
Good question. My wife teaches and with Covid we have published a slew of videos we did for her students. One a day for a couple of months. I'd bet there are a lot that are not public.

An alternative to YouTube, especially if you will be sharing photos and videos with the same group of people, is to upload to a Google Photos Album. For the Album, you assign email addresses to share the Album with and everytime you post something to the Album notifications are automatically sent to the email addresses that are associated with the shared Album. Or you can just upload and share it in a similar fashion as YouTube.

Just for the Europeans: Using a US-Based cloud could be in violation of dataprotection laws in Europe.

The only caution with YOuTube is to be sure not to associate copyrighted music with your video, they have uncanny algorithms that sniff out all of that and will disallow you from sharing your video. I cut an hour video with all safe music with the exception of a DJ playing a small piece that was drowned out by crowd noise and they caught it. Luckily it was only restricted in Scandanavian Countries.

The only caution with YOuTube is to be sure not to associate copyrighted music with your video, they have uncanny algorithms that sniff out all of that and will disallow you from sharing your video. I cut an hour video with all safe music with the exception of a DJ playing a small piece that was drowned out by crowd noise and they caught it. Luckily it was only restricted in Scandanavian Countries.
I have a dispute regarding copyright at this moment. I used music composed and performed by a good friend. He personally gave me permission to use his music, now some US record company just put a claim. I disputed and now, they don't react...

Eric Matyas has a huge library of music and etc, that can be used free if you just put an attribution page at the end giving him credit.
He posts new links on the forum at intervals.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Eric Matyas has a huge library of music and etc, that can be used free if you just put an attribution page at the end giving him credit.
He posts new links on the forum at intervals.
Groove!!!! Snagged that link toot suite! Second piece I listened to was a clear winner. Thanks!!!!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll