DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Voice never says "Home Point updated"

zenfly2

Reactions
First day with my Mavic Air... My Spark always said "Home Point updated Please ck it on the map" on my ipad 4 at takeoff. After the Spark I had no problem with IMU calibration but the compass was another story. I tried 5-6 times early at the beach with nothing near me "failed" every time and had no "go home" voice and no go home. I had to fly it in..Tried compass calibrate again holding the aircraft in the center and walking around it instead of circiling it around me like I saw on some youtube videos..failed. It flies great but I worry when I have No Home point updated but the last time I tried it came home but didn't say so.. Any ideas ? Thanks for looking
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Meta4 had the answer on post #5

You can easily tell whether you have recorded a home point whether you hear Miss DJI tell you or not.
Before you get GPS location data, your distance shows as NA (not available) because there's no home point and no GPS data.
Once the home point is recorded, the app can calculate the drone's distance from the home point.
If it's showing as a very small number, you know you have a recorded home point and you're good to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron Blankcheck
My air always says "Home Point updated Please ck it on the map" , so you are right to be concerned. Hopefully someone with more experience than I will advise you on what to check to get that working correctly.

My air always says "Home Point updated Please ck it on the map" , so you are right to be concerned. Hopefully someone with more experience than I will advise you on what to check to get that working correctly.
Thanks..the first thing I did was make sure the volume on the ipad was up but dahhh, the Spark was talking... I turned it up more anyway.

If my Home Point won't update I won't fly the Mavic Air.. I've tried 3 different places including where I calibrated the Spark that worked the first time.. There are many posts here I found in a search who had the same problem..

Here's one from a year ago with a hand full and no answer Unless I missed something,,

I worry when I have No Home point updated but the last time I tried it came home but didn't say so.. Any ideas ?
You can easily tell whether you have recorded a home point whether you hear Miss DJI tell you or not.
Before you get GPS location data, your distance shows as NA (not available) because there's no home point and no GPS data.
Once the home point is recorded, the app can calculate the drone's distance from the home point.
If it's showing as a very small number, you know you have a recorded home point and you're good to go.

That makes sense . I'm going to go with it ..thanks so much

Same situation with my very first DJI product - the Spark.
Would not record a home point for anything.
To include the entire duration of a battery.
My only solution was to send it back to DJI for warranty exchange.

Same situation with my very first DJI product - the Spark.
Would not record a home point for anything.
How did you confirm that it would not record a home point?

How did you confirm that it would not record a home point?
. In my first flights and still now Miss DJI voice isn't there with the Mavic but distance and height are there at the bottom of my ipad right away on takeoff like Meta4 said and it did return home this morning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty