DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Wifi

bmoore1118

Reactions
I was flying my Air this evening around my house between 50-200 feet up but just a few blocks around my house, I was in airplane mode and conected to a controler with usb c I do live in a an urban area were homes are close together. I never had this before but i started getting an issue with my rc controller. When I would try and move the drone the control movements would take an extra second to make the drone move, very glitchy. I was wondering if this had to do with my 2.4 signal and channel I was on. I didnt think to look at the signal strength and channel at the time but i know it was on auto. Would have changing it to 5.8 help? Has anyone else has this issue? I am guessing its the congtested area because i few it a few days ago over a field at 2000 feet out and 200 up with no issues at all.

Also be aware, I have read that "Auto" mode only auto selects a channel before your flight. The Mavic Air will not switch channels in flight in auto mode. I've also read that the Mavic 2's will switch channels automatically in flight in auto mode.

So i went out this morning and went to our large downtown park with a big river running through. I custom selected a 5.8 channel and I was less than 1000 feet away, could still see drone and I was still having lag issues with the video live feed. I turned off all apps and in airplane mode. I also see that when I select a good channel in the app the bar shoots up and stays high while connected. Should it stay high like that?

I custom selected a 5.8 channel and I was less than 1000 feet away, could still see drone and I was still having lag issues with the video live feed.

Video lag could be your display device. What phone or tablet are you using? Would be good to also check the USB cable for a possible loose connection, particularly if its a 5"-5.5" short OTG cable to a tablet.

does using the side usb make a difference then using the bottom. I know th side charges the phone

I was also using a custom launcher (action) on my android phone. I uninstalled that and will see if that helps. I know those run pretty hot.

does using the side usb make a difference then using the bottom. I know th side charges the phone

Both work. What I was suggesting is that it's worth checking the USB connection when you experience lag. Just to eliminate a possible reason for the problem.

I was flying my Air this evening around my house between 50-200 feet up but just a few blocks around my house, I was in airplane mode and conected to a controler with usb c I do live in a an urban area were homes are close together. I never had this before but i started getting an issue with my rc controller. When I would try and move the drone the control movements would take an extra second to make the drone move, very glitchy. I was wondering if this had to do with my 2.4 signal and channel I was on. I didnt think to look at the signal strength and channel at the time but i know it was on auto. Would have changing it to 5.8 help? Has anyone else has this issue? I am guessing its the congtested area because i few it a few days ago over a field at 2000 feet out and 200 up with no issues at all.
This is common. I get pretty great range out of my Air while out in the country, with virtually no lag or video transmission problems. In the city, I'm lucky to get 1/4 of the range with no problems. At first I would get very nervous when the video would cut out (usually for only a second or two, but occasionally longer). I'm talking about maybe 1000 feet away, well in visual range. I've come to trust that if something really goes wrong, I'll trust RTH to get it back.

The range issue is why I'm considering selling the Air and getting a Mavic 2. I probably won't, but it is starting to get frustrating.

Reactions: Dday27
What device are you using?
Sounds likely you are using a device that is not able to keep up with the heavy demands. DJI GO is very demanding of resources and the demands go up with every update.

I find that on 2.4, channel 10 or 11 gives the best results in general for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ