DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic and Spark Owners

Srcrain

Reactions
Mavic and Spark owners, what do you need to see in terms of specs from the Mavic Air to buy it?

For me it would be much better range (similar to the Mavic) using the Occusync technology and better speed without turning off obstacle avoidance (so better sensors). The gimbal and camera upgrade from Spark would be OK, but that alone is not enough for me to buy it. Also, battery upgrade is nice, but again not a big enough factor to buy on that alone.

It could be a big non-event, such as the MPP, if there arent substantial improvements over the Spark, enough to attract Mavic owners to buy one. Price point is going to be crucial. Anything over $699 for it is going to jeopardize its market share.

Reactions: kakao
I only would fancy it for the smaller size. And if the camera is 4K at least.
Wouldn't care at all for the obstacle avoidance or vps features, never use them so i don't want to pay for it, and have the frustration about them not working the one time I do try them out.
I want an ATTI switch on it!!!!! (dream on, this is going to be another self flying, pilot nannying, flying skills killer). I got to fly my I1 more, just for fun, the mavic is so easy to grab.

Indeed, if it's a wifi drone I don't need it at all.

What do Mavic and Spark owners think? I pre-ordered as soon as it hit the website, but I will probably cancel my order. If it had occusync I would probably buy it, but wifi in anything other than very rural areas (at least with Spark) is really bad.

I'm in for one too. I ordered the white fly more package.

What made you go ahead and buy this?
In the end...probably stupidity, hopefully I won't regret it as much as my Spark purchase. So sit tight and I might be offering the Mavic Air for sale at a great discount. On a serious note, I need for it to fit within the swing-arm bag on my HD Softail The Spark fits fine, but can't rely on it.

In the end...probably stupidity, hopefully I won't regret it as much as my Spark purchase. So sit tight and I might be offering the Mavic Air for sale at a great discount. On a serious note, I need for it to fit within the swing-arm bag on my HD Softail The Spark fits fine, but can't rely on it.

Lol, I stashed the cash under truck floor mat anticipating getting this one. But
man, WiFi RC what a disappointment! Watch out for the WiFi jammers, I’ll be watching and reading.

Lol, I stashed the cash under truck floor mat anticipating getting this one. But
man, WiFi RC what a disappointment! Watch out for the WiFi jammers, I’ll be watching and reading.
At least the Air does use a wired connection to the RC which will be 1 less wifi weak point.

The bottom-line is that if it's WIFI, then it's just an expensive toy IMO
They call it 'enhanced' WiFi, not sure what that means but I'm hoping it's somehow better than what the Spark uses.

They call it 'enhanced' WiFi, not sure what that means but I'm hoping it's somehow better than what the Spark uses.
I 'm hoping so too...obviously something is different then the Spark's wifi due to the extended range on the Air

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143