DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic arrived today and this was floating in the plastic dome

jenzo

Reactions

ordered this from DJI direct a week and a half ago. It arrived today with that piece broken off the gimbal...

Anyone know what that piece is? I contacted DJI they said unit will require swap out. Gonna take 1-2 weeks or more.

So bummed!!

Last edited:
ordered this from DJI direct a week and a half ago. It arrived today with that piece broken off the gimbal...

Anyone know what that piece is? I contacted DJI they said unit will require swap out. Gonna take 1-2 weeks or more.

So bummed!!
I can't find "that piece" in the manual.... can you post a picture? :rolleyes:

Wow, that's something different. Could be a part of the drone but could also be something left over from assembly.

My first thought as well. Possibly something leftover from production.... Fire it up and see if things are working normally.. BUT keep that piece and the pictures as evidence if it is indeed something that should be inside your Mavic...

Wow, that's something different. Could be a part of the drone but could also be something left over from assembly.

After enlarging your picture and looking I haven't a clue what that is but the good news is reading your palm
it looks like your going to have a long and healthy life .
Welcome to the forum jenzo :)

The piece broke off from the back of the round camera lens where the 2 screws are in your picture.it should cover up the wire harness you see.. the plastic gimbal lock fits between that broken off piece and the camera holding it from moving when in transport, its important. with out it the gimbal will move around and might get damaged if shaken hard. it probably took a hard hit in shipping to you and broke off, or someone forced the clear plastic gimbal lock down when it wasn't properly lined up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dayyy021
I do believe that's the screen out of the Chinese worker's opium pipe :) Honestly...

The piece broke off from the back of the round camera lens where the 2 screws are in your picture.it should cover up the wire harness you see.. the plastic gimbal lock fits between that broken off piece and the camera holding it from moving when in transport, its important. with out it the gimbal will move around and might get damaged if shaken hard. it probably took a hard hit in shipping to you and broke off, or someone forced the clear plastic gimbal lock down when it wasn't properly lined up.

i conquer, i was just looking at mine, the gimbal retainer clip was forced and broke off that disc from the very back of the camera

this is the part how it looks not broken, the clear plastic gimbal lock that you use for travel, locks between the round part and the back of the camera and holds it steady and keeps gimbal from breaking during travel. you need to get a new part or have DJI fix it or risk damage to your gimbal during travel.

gimbal2.jpg

Reactions: HeliFreak
Same thing happened to me. just got my mavic in the mail yesterday. total buzzkill. let us know how long the return process takes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake