DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic arrived

Bernie707

Reactions
I unboxed my mavic today and have read the quick start guide, figured out which cable to use to connect the controller to the charger (with help from YouTube), and charged the controller and battery. I can't believe the small type in the supplied booklets! In finding a PDF version of the quick start guide so I could read it, i learned there is the user manual, which I didn't receive. I don't remember hearing or reading that it was only available online. I also got the dji go 4 app on my IPhone 7 and iPad, registered and went into the controller settings. I have not yet connected the drone to the controller which is tomorrow's project.

My initial questions are:
1. Was I supposed to get a user manual?
2. The range for RTH heights was something like 20-50 meters - way too low. I realize I wasn't connected but I assume this will change?

I'm sure I'll be asking more questions, but thanks in advance for your help. After reading many posts here about lost drones, app failures etc, I'll admit I'm a little apprehensive. I've got a $150 hubsan h501c with gps and RTH and I've never had a problem.

I unboxed my mavic today and have read the quick start guide, figured out which cable to use to connect the controller to the charger (with help from YouTube), and charged the controller and battery. I can't believe the small type in the supplied booklets! In finding a PDF version of the quick start guide so I could read it, i learned there is the user manual, which I didn't receive. I don't remember hearing or reading that it was only available online. I also got the dji go 4 app on my IPhone 7 and iPad, registered and went into the controller settings. I have not yet connected the drone to the controller which is tomorrow's project.

My initial questions are:
1. Was I supposed to get a user manual?
2. The range for RTH heights was something like 20-50 meters - way too low. I realize I wasn't connected but I assume this will change?

I'm sure I'll be asking more questions, but thanks in advance for your help. After reading many posts here about lost drones, app failures etc, I'll admit I'm a little apprehensive. I've got a $150 hubsan h501c with gps and RTH and I've never had a problem.
Congrats on getting your first Mavic Pro.
The user manual has only been available on DJI's website.
It does not come with the aircraft. Be sure to check for updates on the manual from time to time as it sometime changes with FW upgrades.
Once you are connected, you will be able to set RTH settings as they are stored on the aircraft itself. Be sure to check all calibrations as needed.
Once you are ready to fly, be sure to login to your DJI account to unlock restrictions.
Fly around in beginner mode for the first couple of flights so that you can familiarize yourself and get use to how the Mav flys. We look forward to seeing your adventures.
Good luck, be safe and happy flying.:cool:

Drone master, thanks. You confirmed my guesses. Once I connect and enter settings I'm sure ill have more questions. I watched several videos on suggested settings but I should have taken notes!

If you live in the US and did not get the DJI refresh plan, look into a PAP policy from Statefarm to insure ($60 /yr) your aircraft against theft/crash/flyaway etc.. +$1000.00 in the air would make anyone apprehensive

Read the online manual... and then read it again. Fly a few flights and then read it again. No, I'm not joking.

I'd also recommend that you go to DJI's website and print up the warranty. It's required that DJI include it with the product but they don't. DJI has been known to change the terms of the warranty and unless you print it up at this time, you won't know about those changes that don't apply to you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest