DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Assistant

• Thread starter Deleted member 119987
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 119987

I have both the DJI assistant 2 for Mavic and the DJI Assistant. One of for the Mavic Mini and the other is for the Mavic air
Both connect just fine. Neither one lets me export the flight data. This installed on an iMac with Catalina
Is there something I am missing?
I can get the data off my iPad and upload it to the dji flight log viewer and I can also see my Mavic Mini on Airdata.com

I have both the DJI assistant 2 for Mavic and the DJI Assistant. One of for the Mavic Mini and the other is for the Mavic air
Both connect just fine. Neither one lets me export the flight data. This installed on an iMac with Catalina
Is there something I am missing?
I can get the data off my iPad and upload it to the dji flight log viewer and I can also see my Mavic Mini on Airdata.com
Define flight data please.

Define flight data please.
My bad. I am trying to do a Log Export on my Mini. I keep getting a export failed. I have uninstalled DJI Assistant2 and reinstalled nothing.
I opened up the other Assistant for my Air. It doesn't give me an export failed... it just sits there with a spinner. Nothing gets downloaded

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.. I think I figured it out. the HoRNDIS package that comes with the DJI assistant app doesn't work in macOS Catalina. I found a separate package to install and it now seems to work. I didn't think I needed it since I don't have an android, but I guess the assistant needs it to communicate with the drone.

I'm also on mac os Catalina, installed before purchasing a Mini. During installation of Assistant, the installer prompts to install HoRNDIS and the OS stops it.

Assistant does start but the mini never connects. I'm assuming now the problem is the lack of HoRNDIS

Mark F, may I ask what separate package you found to install that made it work?

Thanks,

Mark H

I'm also on mac os Catalina, installed before purchasing a Mini. During installation of Assistant, the installer prompts to install HoRNDIS and the OS stops it.

Assistant does start but the mini never connects. I'm assuming now the problem is the lack of HoRNDIS

Mark F, may I ask what separate package you found to install that made it work?

Thanks,

Mark H
The latest version available is 9.2: HoRNDIS-9.2.pkg (46919 bytes) (md5sum 8207800ef89dc1bb0cca530e4ef39009; GPG signature). Improves support for devices including Nokia 7 Plus. This release was developed by Mikhail Iakhiaev, who is the current maintainer of HoRNDIS. This version only supports MacOS 10.11 and up.

You will have to trust Joshua Wise in your system preferences security and the scripts when installing take some time, so be patient. The only thing I have found is that
every time you plug in your Mavic, it creates a new ethernet connection. Joshua Wise is aware of that issue

I see, so it's not a 32 bit vs. 64 issue, it's a security/sandboxing thing. I can now dig deeper.

Thank you very much!

Mark H

The latest version available is 9.2: HoRNDIS-9.2.pkg (46919 bytes) (md5sum 8207800ef89dc1bb0cca530e4ef39009; GPG signature). Improves support for devices including Nokia 7 Plus. This release was developed by Mikhail Iakhiaev, who is the current maintainer of HoRNDIS. This version only supports MacOS 10.11 and up.

You will have to trust Joshua Wise in your system preferences security and the scripts when installing take some time, so be patient. The only thing I have found is that
every time you plug in your Mavic, it creates a new ethernet connection. Joshua Wise is aware of that issue
May sound stupid....but is it safe to trust the Joshua Wise extension? I have the DJI Assistant but just got a Mavic Air 2 and was in the process of installing the DJI Assistant 2. I’m assuming I need the DJI Assistant 2 for my Mavic Air 2 and cannot use the original Assistant.

May sound stupid....but is it safe to trust the Joshua Wise extension? I have the DJI Assistant but just got a Mavic Air 2 and was in the process of installing the DJI Assistant 2. I’m assuming I need the DJI Assistant 2 for my Mavic Air 2 and cannot use the original Assistant.
I haven't had any problem with it...
But I have had a notification that says it won't be compatible with future versions of the OS. Hopefully, DJI will come up with something.

Reactions: Fltwrench
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1