DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Camera Black Screen

Chris02003

Reactions
Ok so I was flying my Mavic Pro (Gen 1) and the camera suddenly went black. All my controls were visible just no camera feed. I took photos while it was displaying the black screen and after uploading the SD Card found that the images stored. So based on what I’ve seen here this is most likely a ribbon cable issue. Anyone had any other experiences similar with it being something different? How difficult was the ribbon cable swap? I appreciate any advise! Thanks!

If that ribbon cable is what connects the camera to the board and it is bad, how was it able to take the photos? They both use the same connection I think.

Ok so I was flying my Mavic Pro (Gen 1) and the camera suddenly went black. All my controls were visible just no camera feed. I took photos while it was displaying the black screen and after uploading the SD Card found that the images stored. So based on what I’ve seen here this is most likely a ribbon cable issue. Anyone had any other experiences similar with it being something different? How difficult was the ribbon cable swap? I appreciate any advise! Thanks!
Have you reset the camera?

Try a different cable too, going to bottom if remote.

That was my thoughts....so that’s why I’m posting here
This sounds like it could be the cable between the RC and phone/tablet. That would explain why it still took pics.
I have had the same problem of losing the video last year. I did not try taking a pic during that so can't verify that part.
That has been a problem for at least a few folks here in the past.
The two things that seem to fix it is first, use the large usb connection on the bottom of the controller. Some folks have problems with side usb jack because of its shape and how easily it can be broken. I only use it for charging.
Second, make sure the cable is of good quality, you don't want to skimp here. For iOS I suggest making sure the cable is Apple certified.

Reactions: Rnl
But I could see all the instruments and app information...just not the live image?
I'm a little cloudy on this as it was last year but when it happened to me, the telemetry and data still showed but was not being updated.

EDIT: Just tried it here (unplugging the cable) and the app still shows but the telemetry data dissapears.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada