DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Charging Issue

Gabe S

Reactions
Hi there,
So I just recieved my Mavic pro along with an extra battery, and of course proceeded to charge the first battery, start up the quad and update firmware etc. No issues.
But, while doing the updating and setting up process, I decided to charge my second battery, which is where the issue arose. When I try and charge it (using official, regular DJI charger, not even the hub), the 1st battery light blinks 16 times, then a 17th time very quickly, and then nothing for around 8 seconds, and then repeats the whole sequence. I have tried almost every outlet in my house, to no avail. This sequence of blinks isn't in the manuals anywhere as far as I can tell, so I'm wondering if I got a faulty battery or if it's a problem on my end, with voltage from the wall or something. I left it charging in this state for almost 45 minutes with no change, so I'm certain this isn't part of a normal charge routine. I've attached a video below of the blinking. Any help is welcome.
Thanks,
Gabe

Can you put it on the mavic and power it on to check the battery info ?

Reactions: Kilrah
Thanks for the reply,
I just tried, however the mavic won't even boot up with that battery. Press once then press and hold, the 1st light flashes, then the lights light up in order, then the first flashes again, and nothing.

Try turning on the battery and then attach the charger to it. That should help

Are you sure? I thought I read somewhere to make sure the batteries are off at all times while charging. Thanks

Okay I tried what you suggested, but the battery won't even turn on. I think something is definitely up under the hood.

Yeah sounds like you have a dead battery. .... especially if your other battery charges ok. Does the controller charge ok as well ?

Yeah sounds like you have a dead battery. .... especially if your other battery charges ok. Does the controller charge ok as well ?

Yeah, everything works fine except for that battery. I talked to DJI and they want me to send it in as a defect for repair. Should be covered under warranty as it was brand new, but still a bit of a bummer. Good thing I got an extra one!
Thanks for the help.

Yeah, everything works fine except for that battery. I talked to DJI and they want me to send it in as a defect for repair. Should be covered under warranty as it was brand new, but still a bit of a bummer. Good thing I got an extra one!
Thanks for the help.

They do turn faulty items around quite fast as well as i have seen lots of positive feedback about the repair service.

I imagine that they will just send you a new one as soon as they confirm its faulty.

Reactions: Gabe S
I have the same problem when i try to use the multi charger it does that with the mains charger and the car charger plugged into a mains adapter but will charge if plugged into the car socket its as though there is not enough power to charge them. If you have the car charger you could try that.

Sent from my SM-N910F using MavicPilots mobile app

I have the same problem when i try to use the multi charger it does that with the mains charger and the car charger plugged into a mains adapter but will charge if plugged into the car socket its as though there is not enough power to charge them. If you have the car charger you could try that.

Sent from my SM-N910F using MavicPilots mobile app
Huh that's interesting. I would test that but I don't have the car charger. And I already mailed it to DJI so I guess they can figure it out [emoji1]
Thanks for the advice

Sent from my LG-D852 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: rigor
Huh that's interesting. I would test that but I don't have the car charger. And I already mailed it to DJI so I guess they can figure it out [emoji1]
Thanks for the advice

Sent from my LG-D852 using MavicPilots mobile app
Hi, I have the same problem on one of my batteries...
How did it turn out with dji assistance?
Many thanks

Hi, I have the same problem on one of my batteries...
How did it turn out with dji assistance?
Many thanks

I sent it back to them, and was sent a new one within a week and a half or two weeks. It seemed to just be faulty. I would recommend sending yours in if it doesn't charge at all and exhibits weird flashing behavior. They should sort it out for you fairly quickly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura