DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Chrash

Geomarker

Reactions
Hi guys! Wanted to see if anyone experienced what I had happen to me. I wanted to take a picture of our community Basketball Court. I fly in this area all the time because it is in my neighborhood. I started up the Mavic and noticed that it would not stay in its position. Every time I would lower it I got a message saying "Landing" and also noticed it saying something like landing sensors are off? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It was low on battery and I switched and ran calibration. I took off and got above the Court and took a picture. It kept rising and controls would not work for bringing it down. Another message saying that it hit maximum height and it started to descend at a very fast rate. I still could not control it. I was able to move it over a little but then it stopped responding and crashed into trees. I have never experienced this before. My Phantom 3 Standard and my P3P have never acted this way.

Thanks!

Reactions: SteveM
That sounds pretty bad, I have only experienced the "landing" problem a couple times but it is definitely annoying. I will just be cruising along and start depending when suddenly it will say "landing". I have always been able to abort the landing though, yours sounds completely out of control. Did you do a compass calibration or anything like that before you flew?

That sounds pretty bad, I have only experienced the "landing" problem a couple times but it is definitely annoying. I will just be cruising along and start depending when suddenly it will say "landing". I have always been able to abort the landing though, yours sounds completely out of control. Did you do a compass calibration or anything like that before you flew?

Yes I calibrated compass. I fly the Mavic frequently and have never experienced the landing issue or ascending issue. I just did some videos of our community pier a few weeks ago and no issues whatsoever. Had I read what I had written I would have thought the person was goofing around and lost control. This was a simple take a photo of BB Court and put the Mavic up.

Yes I calibrated compass. I fly the Mavic frequently and have never experienced the landing issue or ascending issue. I just did some videos of our community pier a few weeks ago and no issues whatsoever. Had I read what I had written I would have thought the person was goofing around and lost control. This was a simple take a photo of BB Court and put the Mavic up.
Was this in a city with lots of buildings and such around? Or was it country. If it was the city, all the buildings and metal would mess up your calibration and cause eratic flight.

Reactions: firestars
Was this in a city with lots of buildings and such around? Or was it country. If it was the city, all the buildings and metal would mess up your calibration and cause eratic flight.

This was is in a neighborhood park. No big building close by. Nearest building 2 miles away and only 5 floors.

Well that takes down that theory. Have you done any recent firmware updates? You could upload your flight DAT files here and someone would probably analyze it for you too.

Well that takes down that theory. Have you done any recent firmware updates? You could upload your flight DAT files here and someone would probably analyze it for you too.

I have said my flight files on my PC. I will search to see where I can send them to.

Thanks!

Meant to say I saved. I uploaded the last file on the Mavic to Phantom Help. I hope they see something of use. It was a pretty large file ...I would think so because it went so high!

Try to clear the sensor located at the bottom of your mavic
Usually they confused themself with debris and ground causing it to go up

Please upload your flight log by following the instructions found below..
DJI Flight Log Viewer

I copied the last 2 sentences from a member from this forum but i forgot his nickname

Try to clear the sensor located at the bottom of your mavic
Usually they confused themself with debris and ground causing it to go up

Please upload your flight log by following the instructions found below..
DJI Flight Log Viewer

I copied the last 2 sentences from a member from this forum but i forgot his nickname

I sent the Mavic off to DJI. I saved the .Dat files though. I converted the last file to csv will that work?

This was is in a neighborhood park. No big building close by. Nearest building 2 miles away and only 5 floors.

2b2d1ac12925b145a479f308096a574b.jpg

This happened to me. I was flying in an open soccer field, tried sport mode for

This happened to me. I was flying in an open soccer field, tried sport mode for the first time and mavic went crazy. Had almost no control over it. Good thing i was in an open field. I was able to land it but it was nerve wracking not being able to control the drone

I went into tripod mode so I could get a nice picture of the court and had no control so I switched back to normal mode when it was apparent tripod mode was not working. The Mavic kept rising and once it hit maximum height it descended rapidly.

I sent the Mavic off to DJI. I saved the .Dat files though. I converted the last file to csv will that work?
If you created the .csv with DatCon then you could zip it and attach to a post

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada