DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic coasting q

wytnyt

Reactions
this is a question even a newbie hasnt ask but im curious
if the mavic is flying in any given direction and the sticks are turned loose then how far will it travel,does it depend on its current speed?,i know without gps it tends to travel a good ways but wasnt sure if gps would stabilize it .

There is a braking setting that will affect the answer. Gradual or abrupt.
so your saying that can be set where with sticks released,it can drift or set to an abrupt stop?
as many times as ive read the manual,i missed that.

It's in the copter icon menu, advanced settings, sensitivity.
yes i saw that just wasnt sure what it was referring to,appreciate it.

Its a big enough manual to make remembering everything difficult.

Its a big enough manual to make remembering everything difficult.
i take certain aspects and concentrate on that till i fully absorb it,you lose the retention ability when you do too much at once.,,least for me

Reactions: Turn11
If you don't want the abrupt breaking but still want GPS assistance set it to cinematic mode.
But be aware that stopping takes quite a distance.

Reactions: Studoo and wytnyt
When adjusting the brake setting, it's best to test it out right after while flying above all obstacles. That way you can let it coast until it stops without worrying about it crashing into something.

DJI-GO-Brake.jpg

Reactions: wytnyt
When adjusting the brake setting, it's best to test it out right after while flying above all obstacles. That way you can let it coast until it stops without worrying about it crashing into something.

View attachment 28940
thx nothing like pics to help explain things which brings me to asking what does altitude sensitivity mean?
i would assume the speed that it rises>?

The attitude setting determines how aggressively your Mavic will react when you command it with the sticks. Again, adjust this setting when above all obstacles so you have enough room to find the setting that works best for you.

Reactions: wytnyt
The attitude setting determines how aggressively your Mavic will react when you command it with the sticks. Again, adjust this setting when above all obstacles so you have enough room to find the setting that works best for you.
thx,id prefer the mavic to have as least drift as possible but i also understand these sensitivity settings are useless unless gps is available.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143