DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic compass won’t calibrate

JohnnyD913

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Been trying to calibrate my compass ever since I had to solder a loose gps/ compass unit wire back on and keep getting the:
Won’t calibrate due to strong magnetic..
That’s crazy cause I’m doing the calibration in a field far from anything metallic..
I’ve moved all over the place and still same result.
Any ideas? Drone Drones

Last edited:
Other than a hardware problem with the compass, one alternative possibility is that a component, screw etc. near the compass module has become magnetized. If that's the case then you will need to demagnetize it. Are you seeing high compass interference values in the GO 4 app?

only occasionally do I get the high compass interference message..
That’s probably what it is, a magnetized screw..
Never thought of that..
Ur a genius sar104!!!
Thank you

Interesting point guys, would a screw become magnetised from using screwdrivers that have magnetized tips?
Regards

Been trying to calibrate my compass ever since I had to solder a loose gps/ compass unit wire back on and keep getting the:
Won’t calibrate due to strong magnetic..
That’s crazy cause I’m doing the calibration in a field far from anything metallic..
Are you sure the compass is properly connected?
GO 4 will give a misleading error message if you try to calibrate a compass that's disconnected.
The message indicates strong magnetic interference. and the compass won't ever calibrate.
The way to confirm whether this is your issue is the check the app settings to see what that says about the compass.
Does it say disconnected?

Are you sure the compass is properly connected?
GO 4 will give a misleading error message if you try to calibrate a compass that's disconnected.
The message indicates strong magnetic interference. and the compass won't ever calibrate.
The way to confirm whether this is your issue is the check the app settings to see what that says about the compass.
Does it say disconnected?
Thank you meta4.
I will check app and get back to u

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada