DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic controller calibration issue

Mav

Reactions
Check out the video and comments. Looks like he has submitted issue to DJI and they are looking into it. The guy said he will update in comments.

One of my biggest complaints is the transmitter quality/layout on the DJI stuff.... even the "professional" models (Inspire included) have sub-par controllers if you ask me. This is extremely worrying... My shipment has been "delayed" and have the opportunity to cancel my order. THESE are the kinds of things that make be think about canceling my order (not the delay itself).

My biggest ergonomic complaint is the tilt wheel... The gimbal tilt wheel is LAME. On Futaba and HiTech controllers they use lever sliders on the side of the unit.... FAR superior in ergonomics and function...

You might not want to try it...but, I guess the question is...does it still fly OK, or does it get stuck panning to the right?

Hi does this happen also with the right gimbal?

Also can you redo the test after changing gimbal mode from mode 2 to mode 1 (or vice versa)?

I have not been able to recreate what this video shows. It is possible he just needs to do the calibration, or just reinstall the app. No way of knowing. I did leave him a message to that effect, we'll see what comes back.

I just tried to calibrate my controller and now it says MECH ERROR. Reading on the DJI forum someone else had this same issue and now the Mavic will not respond to the controller. DJI states that its a defect and now the Mavic has to be shipped back to them and replaced. This is unacceptable and very disappointing.

UPDATE: Just fixed the issue, just need to make sure you move the joysticks slowly in a square and make sure the lines are completely solid.

UPDATE: Just fixed the issue, just need to make sure you move the joysticks slowly in a square and make sure the lines are completely solid.
DJI really should hire more staff to help them with writing their manuals and in app help tips. It's getting better over the years, but there's soooo much missing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3