DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic controller charging port issue!

Gray52

Reactions
I'm not sure if this is a common problem, but my mavic pro controller charging port is playing up. I will not charge using the genuine dji lead, but will charge using a cheap lead! Other leads are very hit or miss. It will not display anything on my phone screen, but will charge the phone!!!. I tried my iPhone using the supplied lead but still no luck. It works fine using the USB port at the bottom of the controller.

I've looked at the charging port and it's not loose or anything and not suffered any knocks.

Any advise will be helpful.

Fairly common assumption is that the leads supplied from DJI are crap. Such a well made product let down by a $5 cable...

Reactions: Former Member
I'm not sure if this is a common problem, but my mavic pro controller charging port is playing up. I will not charge using the genuine dji lead, but will charge using a cheap lead! Other leads are very hit or miss. It will not display anything on my phone screen, but will charge the phone!!!. I tried my iPhone using the supplied lead but still no luck. It works fine using the USB port at the bottom of the controller.

I've looked at the charging port and it's not loose or anything and not suffered any knocks.

Any advise will be helpful.

My advice is to treat the controllers micro USB charging port with the ultimate care and respect. I try not to force any cable in there because if the internal female connector gets loose, I will lose charging capability until the internal 5 way button board is replaced. Find a cable that works, and use it all the time. It should fit snugly.

it is not the best of made micro UBC port, the port is mounted upside down, so if your cable has a symbol on the plug, indicating the top of the plug and you try to insert it into the RC port and you force it in, you will rune the port on the RC.

Just read earlier, the suggestion to paint a white dot on the up side of the plug when inserted correctly into the port to remind you which way to put it in. Also, looking at the port on the RC, it looks almost rectangular, where as better made micro UBC ports show an obvious rounded corners on the bottom side of the port, just like the micro UBC plugs.

My Mavic pro 2 zoom's controller stopped charging (after few months/ Total of around 4 times charged during this time). The dealer shop (Saturn GmbH) sent to dji repair consultants, they said charging port is damaged. No wonder it would get damaged when charging cable pin and the pin connecting mobile phone are different (but port is the same).

Anyways, i paid more than 100 Euros got repaired but now the controller loose charge very quickly. It is discharging from 98% to 90% in 1 minute. Furthermore, it can only be charged till 98% NOT 100%. I assume the repair has some problem, something is draining the battery too quickly.

Such a bad experience with DJI and the customer service of the dealer in Germany.

There are some magnetic USB cable connectors that work really well for charging- Many of us have resorted to using those and just leave the tab permanently installed on the USB port for charging only.

There are some magnetic USB cable connectors that work really well for charging- Many of us have resorted to using those and just leave the tab permanently installed on the USB port for charging only.

If i leave the tab permanently installed on the USB port for charging, then how should i connect my iphone to the controller using cable?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag