DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic controller stopped turning on

PorkRibs

Reactions
I haven't flown my mavic in about a month. This morning I went to fly it and the controller was dead. After charging it I went to turn it on and nothing happened. When I push the power button it shows it is 100 percent charged but when I go to hold it after that it never turns on. Had this happened to anyone else? Also I've had about 6 months so I know how to turn the controller on, I know someone was gonna explain the sequence for the power button.

Ok, not trying to tell you how to suck eggs but....
If you press the button once it obviously tells you it 100% but you have to wait a few seconds before you start the two press sequence.
If you do it too quickly after pressing to check the battery it will not turn on.
The second press after seeing if it is charged will not work.
If you have tried this already I apologise.

Try turning it on with the charger plugged in.
If it does come on but shuts down the moment you disconnect the charger it might mean you have a defective battery pack.

Rob

Try resetting the controller using the 4 button procedure.
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I've never tried it, but i think its c1+c2+record+camera settings wheel.

Ok I was looking for some kind of reset I'll try it or look it up. And I wanna say I've tried turning it on while it was plugged in and it won't let me. But I'll try again. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Reactions: Robbyg
Ok I was looking for some kind of reset I'll try it or look it up. And I wanna say I've tried turning it on while it was plugged in and it won't let me. But I'll try again. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

It sucks but i guess you are going to have to return that controller ASAP and get them to exchange it. Sorry that we could not find a solution but its the first time I have seen this happen with the RC.

Rob

This is exactly what I experienced. After charging all 3 batteries and controller overnight, the controller shows 100% charge when pressed once, but fails to turn on. Same with the aircraft. I erased all DJI software from my comp (win10) and reinstalled all the recent versions related to Mavic Pro as I was running a previous version of the firmware.
This seemed to allow me to connect my aircraft to my comp and activate DJI Assistant 2 (current version). Download took 15 minutes to upgrade.
Now I run FW v0.900. I haven't tested it in flight, but at least it turns on and connects.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
This is exactly what I experienced. After charging all 3 batteries and controller overnight, the controller shows 100% charge when pressed once, but fails to turn on. Same with the aircraft. I erased all DJI software from my comp (win10) and reinstalled all the recent versions related to Mavic Pro as I was running a previous version of the firmware.
This seemed to allow me to connect my aircraft to my comp and activate DJI Assistant 2 (current version). Download took 15 minutes to upgrade.
Now I run FW v0.900. I haven't tested it in flight, but at least it turns on and connects.
Hope this helps.

How did you get DJI Assistant to connect to the RC and Mavic if you could not turn them ono_O

Rob

How did you get DJI Assistant to connect to the RC and Mavic if you could not turn them ono_O

Rob
I don't know enough about the issue to offer anything but speculation as to why a software (DJI Assistant 2) reinstall would work, but the RC and Aircraft were able to turn on and connect normally immediately. I then received a "Software version incompatibility" msg which prompted me to upgrade my firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+