DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Controller won't charge or turn on.

Joberg77

Reactions
Hi, after storing away my mavic for a few months, I pulled it out again, and realized the charger was dead. I proceeded to charge it, and it won't charge or turn on. The LED display is completely dead. I am pretty sure the microusb part on the controller is messed up. How much would this cost to send somewhere for repair? Also. Am I able to buy a used controller, and pair it with my drone? Not sure which is cheaper.

It is likely the charging cord, probably easiest to get another and try.
It shouldn’t have discharged completely, if so it may go be stuffed for some reason, they aren’t supposed to be at nil charge at any time, being lipo.

Yes you can get another controller and pair with drone, all in the manual, simple task.

Here is as detailed as I could get it. I have tried multiple cables, each time I put it in, it is pretty loose.

I have left it charging for hours with different cables, with no luck.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
That micro looks trashed
It may be possible to charge from the
USB A at the bottom of the controller.

That micro looks trashed
It may be possible to charge from the
USB A at the bottom of the controller.
I have read about that, and according to DJI it can not be charged with the bottom USB port, unless there has been a update im not aware of

I have read about that, and according to DJI it can not be charged with the bottom USB port, unless there has been a update im not aware of

If that's true then you need to replace the port.
It's connected to the keyboard and once the remote is opened up its easily accessible.

Okay, unfortunately, I can't send it into DJI, as I bought it off a friend, so don't technically have "proof of purchase" Are there any other options?

If you can locate a replacement keyboard it's a drop-in repair.
It is part of the keyboard, all one module.

Okay, unfortunately, I can't send it into DJI, as I bought it off a friend, so don't technically have "proof of purchase" Are there any other options?
You can speak with @Thunderdrones and see if he can repair it.

Ouch, looks like the cable was put in upside-down. :( I wish DJI used USB-C for this connector to avoid that.

upside down and hammered in.. anything precision should NEVER be FORCED lol..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo