DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic crash into tree. Gets stuck. Starts raining. Drone taken.

Criminals! It's registered though, is it not? I heard they must be registered before the MP even starts up. If so, maybe there's a way to trace it? For a thousand bucks I probably would have suffered and waited, but it looked pretty stuck from the vid. Nice VLog though.

Criminals! It's registered though, is it not? I heard they must be registered before the MP even starts up. If so, maybe there's a way to trace it? For a thousand bucks I probably would have suffered and waited, but it looked pretty stuck from the vid. Nice VLog though.

Person who has it would need to by the remote control. Better that he lost it. He was a bad pilot. Could have injured someone.

Reactions: J-Dub
Person who has it would need to by the remote control. Better that he lost it. He was a bad pilot. Could have injured someone.

He has another one on order. So bad pilots persist.
His vlog is Casey Neistat styled and unfortunately his (Caseys) vlogs have inspired an outcropping of vloggers that think it is perfectly acceptable to fly recklessly to get that perfect shot.

He said verbally that he was really bummed he lost his Mavic , but that its just a possession and he can just repurchase.

I am sure one of those people who was gathered around when it was dry out hung around out of sight hoping the owner would leave. Then the wind picked up when he ( the owner) left the Mavic dropped from heaven for the new owner.

So we have a case of transference from one bad pilot to a criminal pilot! Things are looking up ! LOL!

Reactions: mothytim
They can just fly via WiFi.
Maybe even better right now: they can sell spare parts, high on demand without supply right now. I heard some repair centers even "butcher" Mavics for parts...

Ender

P.S. dont get me wrong, no sympathy for those weasels...

Reactions: avanti1963
So if im walking along the sea front in bad weather and i come accross a drone on the ground and no one is around to claim it ......

Am i

a Finding it
b Stealing it
c Salvaging it

Just a thought

Well, at least one should put a label with adress on it so if one finds a Mavic he CAN do the right thing...

Ender

Reactions: Nikos and Rflush
Well, at least one should put a label with adress on it so if one finds a Mavic he CAN do the right thing...

Ender
Flying without FAA reg. number or phone number is a big NO-NO in my book of flying...Again his not putting info on his bird just shows that he and others will fly over buildings ,people and when it falls out of the sky or gets stuck in a tree they can just walk away with no regards to property or injury and " no persacution......."

I found this drone on the sidewalk at the beach, no one around...sold it on Craiglist for $600

I saw this [emoji23] lol it seemed like his soul was taken from his body

Sent from [emoji211]

I found this drone on the sidewalk at the beach, no one around...sold it on Craiglist for $600
I hope this is supposed to be a joke, if so please add a :) so we know, or some will think you are serious. I mean, how would you like if your mavic did a low battery landing 1/2 mile away, and before you got there someone comes by and sees it and say's "Cool, a drone with no one around, 'finders keepers'

As others have said, add your contact information so others know who it belongs to and and least have a hope of them doing the right thing (though lots of people won't). Also another reason to keep your drone in line of sight which is required by law, at least in the US. Another option is to put a tracking unit on it, then you may be able to track where it is unless the thief is smart enough to find/remove the tracker.

I would file a police report and give them the serial number in case it shows up in a pawn shop, of course a respectable pawn shop is not likely to take it without a controller.

As others have said, add your contact information so others know who it belongs to and and least have a hope of them doing the right thing (though lots of people won't). Also another reason to keep your drone in line of sight which is required by law, at least in the US. Another option is to put a tracking unit on it, then you may be able to track where it is unless the thief is smart enough to find/remove the tracker.

I would file a police report and give them the serial number in case it shows up in a pawn shop, of course a respectable pawn shop is not likely to take it without a controller.

Talking about Pawn shop, I walked by one of the many pawn shops here and seen a used P4 and decided to go inside and ask how much, guy says $1400 i started laughing and told him I can get a brand new one for less than $1000 I did offer him $600 but he said no and stated a sucker will buy it. I told him well I am no sucker so seya.

Not everyone is honest in the world. Someone once told me that locks are only on doors to keep honest people honest. I wonder if there would be a way to get a tracking device like a tile inside the Mavic. I like the idea of a tracking device but it's useless if it lands a mile away and someone dishonest tosses the device and takes the drone. DJI should implement some kind off password system that renders the drone useless if found or to keep others from using it without permission.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I wonder if anyone has tried to contact DJI in a case like this. Since you do have to "activate" the craft after you get it maybe they can "de-activate" it if asked?

And to think some bought a Mavic just to destroy it. The video receives enough hits after 3 days to buy a new one. The hit count is high enough that other advertising markets come along and make offers to some how include their product in the persons next video.

This video could be shortened up and given a different title, it could be a video for the hit count.

Regardless the situation, I hope to see the OP back in the air soon.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54