DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Crash, not sure why.

eshaw119

Reactions
I was flying my Mavic normally, and it randomly went to the right and crashed into a tree. Anyone have any idea why?

Heaven forbid that I suggest that the pilot was thinking of 3 things at once and Zig'd the stick instead of zaggin' the little bugger.
I have gone backwards and crashed into a tree...pulling that very same stunt.
Well, maybe not but the Mav seems to do what it is told....most of the time.

Reactions: genesimmons
Heaven forbid that I suggest that the pilot was thinking of 3 things at once and Zig'd the stick instead of zaggin' the little bugger.
I have gone backwards and crashed into a tree...pulling that very same stunt.
Well, maybe not but the Mav seems to do what it is told....most of the time.
Did the same before as well flying sideways, got so caught up in the moment and got my eye stucked on the screen by the time I looked up it was too late and hit the leaves and crashed. Luckily all was still good and fully operational.

As for the OP, it's usually User's error when this happens. Pull out the logs and check the data's why.

Had mine drift into my house twice without input from me before the previous updates. In fact, it wasn't accepting any input to stop it or direct it away. The drone was 30 feet away at the time.

All that can be said....is....stuff happens.
Be prepared to have a recovery plan in your head.
Unless you are flying with obsticles overhead....for me, up is most often the best escape reaction which is almost done at knee-jerk speed. It takes a little time to react to an impending crash with back, left, right or spin on yaw.
RF signals can be interrupted by local sources that you are not aware of.
That said....'stuff happens'.
Your log will tell give you your input...after the fact. Sometimes, post mortems are satisfying but expensive.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada