DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic delays

JohnMFord

Reactions
I have been monitoring the Amazon website for the Mavic Pro fly more bundle cause that is where I intend to buy. For the last month or so, the availability date has been Jan 15, 2017. This morning that date has changed to Feb 10 2017. I think this is just one more bit of info that lends credence to the idea that DJI is having ongoing delivery problems. My personal belief is that 1) DJI seriously underestimated the demand for this drone, and 2) DJI released the drone too early and is scrambling to fix all the problems that have been popping in both the hardware and software. Of course, this is just my opinion.

john

UK? Had a chat with drones direct today they say, true or not. That dji are getting it out in the states first. There suppliers expect a small delivery in January and March a bigger delivery. Dji direct is the fastest way of getting one.
Having worked out I'm in Mexico in Jan and barca in Feb along with working flat out March suits me if I'm sensible (I would throw a few days sick) so I'm leaving my order as is. As it's on a credit card I feel my cash is safe and will be mainly paid off when it gets here...he suggested having a phone round and seeing what I get told, as, he could only speak for drone direct, but probably being straight with me.

Sent from my E6653 using MavicPilots mobile app

I ordered from a local Apple store in November. The delivery date was Jan 19. That has been changing on a daily basis and is now up to March.

I have been monitoring the Amazon website for the Mavic Pro fly more bundle cause that is where I intend to buy. For the last month or so, the availability date has been Jan 15, 2017. This morning that date has changed to Feb 10 2017. I think this is just one more bit of info that lends credence to the idea that DJI is having ongoing delivery problems. My personal belief is that 1) DJI seriously underestimated the demand for this drone, and 2) DJI released the drone too early and is scrambling to fix all the problems that have been popping in both the hardware and software. Of course, this is just my opinion.

john

I waited just over 2 months for my Mavic and I can honestly say I have had no issues at all with my Mavic .... I did do all the go updates and FW updates before flying it.

It is a joy to fly and very impressive in every way.

Sup guys, i ordered my Mavic from Amazon.com on December 13, 2016. The expected release date was January 15, 2017 and now it just updated to February 10, 2017. I'm starting to worry, since i live in Brazil and i have from February 10 to March 2, 2017 to get it in the US. Do you guys have any update from DJI officials regarding recent orders?

john

Hey, try placing your order with DSLRPROS.com... i recommend them 100%... already purchased a drone from them in the past, and besides that, they have the best deal out there... with a bunch of goodies of 60$ value added to your "Fly more combo".

I haven't received my Mavic yet, ordered ir on 12/19... but before placing my order they told me they had 50 mavic's coming in the first week of January. Will be delivered on first come first served. So I hope I will be getting mine soon... crossing fingers.

Will keep you posted...

I ordered my Fly More from DJI on Nov. 11th and received it on the 23rd of Dec so it took exactly 6 weeks. They estimated 6-8 weeks at the time I placed it so that's pretty good IMO. Nice thing (for me anyway being in CA) is that DJI doesn't charge tax (to the tune of $116 extra dollars) which dslrpros and amazon do. Just an FYI for those who haven't placed an order yet.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Ordered mine on Oct 3rd, tracking shows delivery on Monday, Jan 3rd, after prematurely selling my P-3, it's been a long 3 months!

Mine already shipped.. from DSLRPros... expecting it to arrive next week. but im in South America so i guess i will have it by the end of this month!!

Release date on Amazon was Jan 15, then Feb 10th and now it has no estimate what so ever.

But on DJI Store is 5-7 business days after payment aproval.

This was posted today on its forum:

As some of you guys know, we're keep speeding up the shipment of online orders. We belive many of you have got your tracking info already, we're also excited to see your Mavic Pro is arriving at your door step very soon!
So, let's still give some updates here:
- Since we're shipping Mavic Pro from several different warehouses now, the shipping times vary according to your location. We're glad to let you know we've shortened our shipping times within US and Asia&Pacific to 5-7 working days after order confirmation. We're still trying hard to rocket our speed for all EU customers.
Order today at the DJI Online Store and get your Mavic Pro without long waits!
(1-11)

So i think i will cancel Amazon's order and get it directly through DJI Store.

update: amazon now has this on the flymore package: "Usually ships within 2 to 5 weeks." I've had mine on order since Dec 2. every day I want to cancel and order from someone else but worry I might loose my place in line, my gift cards and who knows if other vendors have as good of a return policy as amazon prime.

My wife ordered mine through Drone World back in Mid-December. They have already hit my credit card. I've sent 2 emails to try and get a status with no response. Has anyone dealt with them before. Comments that I read are all negative on after sale service. Has anyone ever canceled an order? Any issues getting your money back? I'm inclined to cancel and order direct from DJI. They still state shipping 5 to 7 days after payment confirmed. Does anyone know if that is real or just hype?

Thanks

Yeah I'd be curious about DJI too. 5 to 7 days on every order souinds too good to be true. I see I can buy directly from DJI on Amazon. So that means I can still use my Gif Card money (I think, correct me if I'm wrong). I would think I can just cancel my Amazon Prime order, get my gift card money back on my account and then buy from the Amazon / DJI store link and apply the giftcard cash back on to that. Sounds right but wonder if it can work that smoothly.

Yeah I'd be curious about DJI too. 5 to 7 days on every order souinds too good to be true. I see I can buy directly from DJI on Amazon. So that means I can still use my Gif Card money (I think, correct me if I'm wrong). I would think I can just cancel my Amazon Prime order, get my gift card money back on my account and then buy from the Amazon / DJI store link and apply the giftcard cash back on to that. Sounds right but wonder if it can work that smoothly.

I just canceled my order on Amazon and got the refund on my gift card. They did it without asking anything! Very fast.

Funny, I sent email to amazon to see where I stand and they said I will get it by Feb 16. Then just prior to that i noticed in my inbox today I also recived an official Delevery status letter from Amazon and it said "Your Estimated delivery date is Tuesday , January 31 - Thursday Febuary 16. Guess I migth as well wait a bit longer unless they are jerking me around. Ugh, frustrating.

FYI, I got this email direct from DJI this am. Still glad I cancelled my Amazon and ordered from Crutchfield last week. Shipped to me in 3 days.

mavic-annoucement-011117.jpg

I just received a shipping update email from Amazon for the 'fly more' bundle which I ordered back on Nov 19th:
"Your new estimated delivery date is:Tuesday, January 17, 2017
Your previous estimated delivery date:Thursday, February 16, 2017 - Friday, February 17, 2017"
When I go to their website and look at my order it shows expected shipping day as Thu Jan 12th. It looks like I'll have it soon.

Amazon just sent me another email that my order will now be delayed until March 24th to 27th!!! So just this morning it was expected to ship tomorrow and now I'll have to wait another two months! I called Amazon and they said that they can only look at the warehouse inventory and it shows zero inventory with an expected stock date in March. I'm so frustrated with Amazon but since I ordered it with $300 worth of gift cards I'm kind of stuck. What a let down!

I'm done getting f@cked around by Amazon Prime. Got email this am that item will ship by 1/31 - 2/10. I was happy after seeing march dates in site. Then tonight I get Email shopping date changed to unavailable. WTF?? Done!! Canceled order. Found DJI Store on Amazon for same price with 5-7 day shipping. Placed order! Amazing enough all my gift card and point money transferred automatically to the new order. Cool. Only odd thing is estimate delivery date is 1/25 - 2/2 for order. How is that 5-7 days??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929