DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Disconnected

surfdog306

Reactions
After years of not owning a drone after my Phantom 2 went rogue and crashed in the ocean off Nicaragua, I finally decided to get the Mavic Pro. I was super careful and never flew it over the ocean and made sure I did everything right before a flight. We then go on a 2 week trip to New Zealand. Flew it several times there without issue. Then one day at the beach disaster struck. I flew it it a park area approximately 200 yards from the ocean. Flew the Mavic straight up as I wasnt ready for an over water flight. Then suddenly I get a"Disconnect message and lose control. The drone was about 400 ft high and I couldnt see it. I try to return home but no signal. Then some kid says, "Hey is that your drone? it crashed in the ocean" He retrieved it for me and needless to say I was bummed. Is it worth trying to send it in? I really believe I didnt cause this crash.

Thanks
Kekoa

Reactions: QuackerDamus
If you upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here, we can review your flight and let you know what we think happened.

Reactions: QuackerDamus
Please post the link here.

Hopefully you get the link

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-02-11_[12-40-05].txt
    735 KB · Views: 8
Your flight log shows you flew your Mavic across the beach, over top of the ocean, and then held the throttle in the full down position until it landed in the water.

Ok so I guess I panicked when I seen a disconnect on the screen and thought my Mavic was above me. I guess its my fault. Thanks for the help

Hi Mavic Help
I sent the flight record on your link. LMK if it came through.

Bad news....

It's very doubtful that dji will cover your aircraft crash. Reason is....you held down on the stick that lowers the aircraft. You did this until the aircraft landed in the water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett