DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic drifting

Seaken

Reactions
All of a sudden my mavic has started to drift . As I fly it will drift to the side and towards the ground . It's even tricking trying to land since it will drift . I landed on a cardboard surface so it skidded to a stop . It would hover . If you take your fingers off the joystick it will start drifting off to the side and towards the ground .

I have notice that after a compass calibration I get an immediate warning ( altitude to high ) this is while I'm still holding it following the calibration .

I should also mention that before this the app asked me to do an IMU calibration . I did it but because it was the first time perhaps I didn't to something correct so I'll try again

Thanks , I think I'll redo the calibration of imu and compass . Should these be done outside

The imu can be done inside on a level surface. But the compass should be done outside clear of any interference. I don't wear my wedding ring and no keys in my pockets. Also away from my cell phone. Probably overkill but just how I do it.

Same here for GPS I take off my smart watch , keys wallet etc. Can never be too safe when droning at least IMO.

Same issue I had today. As the mavic goes forward, she's drifting slightly left. As she brakes she goes left until she stopped. Hovering was pretty much ok, only slightly yaws. I did a calibration of the sticks, I calibrated the compass. I had always more than 10 satellites... Was OK for today flying around, but for the next filming project this is a terrible thing... Especially when I like to take close proximity pictures of cliffs in the mountains... I saw on Google that actually there is more people with this issue. Might be probably a Software related issue.

Greetings xistsixt

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143