DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic enterprise Dual -Autel Dual

Carb63

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have a question regarding pricing of the new Autel Dual that should be making its grand entrance later on this summer. DJI has their Dual at $2700 , what do you gents and ladies think the Autel Dual will be sold for ? I read or saw a post mentioning somewhere around $8k. Now being that you can switch out camaras, is that a possibility that their high end camera is going to run in that range ? I’m seriously thinking of purchasing the Autel Pro , but to buy a thermal res (flir) camara for 8k to switch out is a bit much. What are your thoughts? For that body ? I know there are rigs out there that are more expensive, but they also have more to offer as well.

Yeah, If that pricing is correct, $8k for just the FLIR & Camera Module, I would find it hard to justify, but I only fly for recreation, at this point.

However, if I was going to buy a UAS running a FLIR payload, then I'd skip the M2 Dual Ent (FLIR Lepton sensor) all together, as the clarity is just not there. It shows a blob of 'heat' but if you want to be able to decipher what your seeing w/o being 100 ft from it, then you'll need a Bosun FLIR at the least, IMO, which the Evo2Dual uses.

The Evo 2 Dual, besides running a better FLIR sensor, it also employs a larger resolution, I believe the options are 320 or 640 but verify this yourself. I have no idea which Resolution that the $8k figure will get you, but its likely the 320, which is still larger than the M2DE.

Clarity might not be the most important for all folks, but I really enjoy that clear, nearly HD view from the 640 Bosun module. Its crispy! So if I wanted one bad enough, and will at some point, then for the size of the AC and the Flight time available, I'd go with the Evo2Dual.

However there COULD be a downside, if your looking to do be able to edit your thermal footage (as I understand it, this is what is affected?), as both the M2DE and the Evo 2 Dual are non-radiometric. Something to take into account for that cost, but many FLIR module run 10's of thousands, so its a costly market.

Hopefully that changes a little with time? I'm trying to wait, but who knows.

I'm vaguely recalling a yt video of some guys called the Roswell drone test crew (maybe another term in place of drone?) but they tested all these FLIR modules and lenses, although it was the modules themselves, on their own AC, so it was without the awesomefeature that both M2DE and the Evo2Dual have where they can integrate the thermal image overlapped with the cameras image which makes for a nice looking image altogether, but the video helped me see the difference!

Good luck deciding!

Reactions: Carb63
Yea. I agree. Something to think about. What are your thoughts on best craft for roofing inspections ? Construction ?

I have a question regarding pricing of the new Autel Dual that should be making its grand entrance later on this summer. DJI has their Dual at $2700 , what do you gents and ladies think the Autel Dual will be sold for ? I read or saw a post mentioning somewhere around $8k. Now being that you can switch out camaras, is that a possibility that their high end camera is going to run in that range ? I’m seriously thinking of purchasing the Autel Pro , but to buy a thermal res (flir) camara for 8k to switch out is a bit much. What are your thoughts? For that body ? I know there are rigs out there that are more expensive, but they also have more to offer as well.
I believe there are multiple options for the thermal camera on the Evo 2 Duo. The $8k version has a thermal sensor many times larger than the M2ED with much higher resolution.

The thermal sensor on the M2ED is 160×120. It is hard to imagine that being useful for much.

Reactions: Carb63
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura