DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic enterprise dual, or not?

Darkabaz

Reactions
I had soms doubts for a second drone. First my eyes dropped on a Mavic 2 pro. But i think the difference between my Mavic zoom and pro were minimal, so let this thing go i think.
From the beginning of the M2E dual outcome i look very curious to this drone, because of it's thermal camera.

I live in a small town with a lot of forest and green fields. A lot of dogs were lost in the last 2 years. Some people knew i got a drone (mavic zoom) and asked me to check over the fields. The thing i really miss at that moment is the thermal camera. Good to know is that we fly sometimes around 70-90m height because of high trees.

So, my question to you owners of the enterprise... Is it worth it to buy this drone with his dual camera mostly for looking to lost animals in the forest? Or is the enterprise not good enough for the money we have to pay (€2800)?

I had soms doubts for a second drone. First my eyes dropped on a Mavic 2 pro. But i think the difference between my Mavic zoom and pro were minimal, so let this thing go i think.
From the beginning of the M2E dual outcome i look very curious to this drone, because of it's thermal camera.

I live in a small town with a lot of forest and green fields. A lot of dogs were lost in the last 2 years. Some people knew i got a drone (mavic zoom) and asked me to check over the fields. The thing i really miss at that moment is the thermal camera. Good to know is that we fly sometimes around 70-90m height because of high trees.

So, my question to you owners of the enterprise... Is it worth it to buy this drone with his dual camera mostly for looking to lost animals in the forest? Or is the enterprise not good enough for the money we have to pay (€2800)?

Its and interesting question, as I have been working with several clients on making there Mavic 2 pro / zoom a better Enterprise.

I think if the Thermal Camera also had the Zoom ability it would be a solid winner.
However when you look at the price of that drone , you start to think what could i do better.

Here is an example of the Search and Rescue Drone being used now for deployment of Rescue gear ect.

So you have a lot going on here: you have the Wet Suit for extreme climate rescues, a Spot Light with a Laser and a Rescue Remote Sky hook to carry life saving kits , or rescue jackets for flood victims. ..

Your getting a lot for your money that in some ways far surpass the what the Enterprise is capable of in regards to Search and Rescue, but what your giving up is the Thermal .

Something to consider , if your interested i will post a link to his You tube channel.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the Storm.
Coal

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

Screenshot 05-30-2020 23.37.31.jpg

Screenshot 05-30-2020 23.39.19.jpg

Screenshot 05-30-2020 23.38.45.jpg

Thank you. Awesome pics. Which headlight is this? Is it remotable by the dji remote? I think about the enterprise because of it's thermal camera. The accessoiry like the light and speaker are lovely, But not needed.

Thank you. Awesome pics. Which headlight is this? Is it remotable by the dji remote? I think about the enterprise because of it's thermal camera. The accessoiry like the light and speaker are lovely, But not needed.
Sky hook light comes bundled with the sky hook.

The FLIR equipped Mavic is NOT a good search and rescue tool because the low 160×120 resolution of the thermal camera will not be any good over 100 feet in the air. You might want to watch THIS video - this is FLIR's dual R camera.... same sensor and lens as in the Enterprise Duo. After about 100 feet you are down to only a few pixels to see a human... and that is on wide open ground at 150 feet you an't see much of anything. You need at least 320 x 240 sensor size for search and rescue, prefereably 640 x 480... and that camera alone is going to be $7,000.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
The FLIR equipped Mavic is NOT a good (thermal imaging) search and rescue tool because the low 160×120 resolution of the thermal camera will not be any good over 100 feet in the air. You might want to watch THIS video - this is FLIR's dual R camera.... same sensor and lens as in the Enterprise Duo. After about 100 feet you are down to only a few pixels to see a human... and that is on wide open ground at 150 feet you an't see much of anything. You need at least 320 x 240 sensor size for search and rescue, prefereably 640 x 480... and that camera alone is going to be $7,000.

The FLIR equipped Mavic is NOT a good search and rescue tool because the low 160×120 resolution of the thermal camera will not be any good over 100 feet in the air. You might want to watch THIS video - this is FLIR's dual R camera.... same sensor and lens as in the Enterprise Duo. After about 100 feet you are down to only a few pixels to see a human... and that is on wide open ground at 150 feet you an't see much of anything. You need at least 320 x 240 sensor size for search and rescue, prefereably 640 x 480... and that camera alone is going to be $7,000.
I am looking at the Dual as both a hobby drone for me and to use for SAR and monitoring fires as a volunteer fireman. I understand the limits of a 160 x 120 FLIR sensor, but what concerns me is that the Dual does not have as good a color camera. I can live with mediocre FLIR at a higher cost, but getting mediocre FLIR and a lesser color camera for more money has me questioning the choice. For fire use it would primarily be monitoring roof and window temps to observe fire behavior, looking over the next hill for wildfire, and spotting camp fires. Any thoughts?

I am looking at the Dual as both a hobby drone for me and to use for SAR and monitoring fires as a volunteer fireman. I understand the limits of a 160 x 120 FLIR sensor, but what concerns me is that the Dual does not have as good a color camera. I can live with mediocre FLIR at a higher cost, but getting mediocre FLIR and a lesser color camera for more money has me questioning the choice. For fire use it would primarily be monitoring roof and window temps to observe fire behavior, looking over the next hill for wildfire, and spotting camp fires. Any thoughts?
The M2E color camera is the same as the M2Z camera. More than capable. 2x optical zoom and 6x digital zoom on the M2E.

Thanks for the reply. If DJI offered the 1" sensor, + FLIR, in an Enterprise with Pro controller I would buy it tomorrow (or when in stock). But at this point, unless a Mavic 3 comes out, I think I'm going to go for the Mavic Pro 2 with the 1" sensor, and then piggy back a FLIR camera with a transmitter to separate monitor with receiver, when I can afford it. My other (expensive) hobby is photography and I use a Nikon D850 with a full size 48 megapixel sensor. I just can't bring myself to buy a 1/2.3 sensor. If I win the lottery I'll sink $25,000 into a cool drone!

Thanks for the reply. If DJI offered the 1" sensor, + FLIR, in an Enterprise with Pro controller I would buy it tomorrow (or when in stock). But at this point, unless a Mavic 3 comes out, I think I'm going to go for the Mavic Pro 2 with the 1" sensor, and then piggy back a FLIR camera with a transmitter to separate monitor with receiver, when I can afford it. My other (expensive) hobby is photography and I use a Nikon D850 with a full size 48 megapixel sensor. I just can't bring myself to buy a 1/2.3 sensor. If I win the lottery I'll sink $25,000 into a cool drone!
You can also buy an M2P refurb for $1279 at DroneNerds.com right now, and get the M2E with the M2Z camera for the optical zoom in good light. I have both the M2P and M2Z with a single RC, and each has their place. I have no need for the FLIR camera at the present, so owning one of each of the two M2 optical cameras makes sense. An alternative to the M2Z is the new MA2, which offers 4k 60 fps and a 2x digital zoom, or a 4x digital zoom at 4x in1080p at 30fps. The price of the M2P refurb and an MA2 is less than the M2E, and you can still add the FLIR camera later to the M2P. No need for $25k to have the best of what is currently available.

You can also buy an M2P refurb for $1279 at DroneNerds.com right now, and get the M2E with the M2Z camera for the optical zoom in good light. I have both the M2P and M2Z with a single RC, and each has their place. I have no need for the FLIR camera at the present, so owning one of each of the two M2 optical cameras makes sense. An alternative to the M2Z is the new MA2, which offers 4k 60 fps and a 2x digital zoom, or a 4x digital zoom at 4x in1080p at 30fps. The price of the M2P refurb and an MA2 is less than the M2E, and you can still add the FLIR camera later to the M2P. No need for $25k to have the best of what is currently available.
This is excellent advice, thank you. I stayed up well past my bedtime studying the differences and I came to the same conclusion that you did. I have left messages at Drone Nerds in Colorado Springs and Multicopter Warehouse in Denver. We'll see who checks their messages quickest!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
This is excellent advice, thank you. I stayed up well past my bedtime studying the differences and I came to the same conclusion that you did. I have left messages at Drone Nerds in Colorado Springs and Multicopter Warehouse in Denver. We'll see who checks their messages quickest!
UPDATE: Multicopter Warehouse called back shortly after I left a message so they got the order. (Drone Nerds never called). I bought a Mavic Pro 2, fly more kit + 2 extra batteries, travel case, FPV goggles and a few other goodies like landing pad, strobe, and prop guards. I obtained the hobbyist registration and have purchased a couple books on part 107. Off on new adventures!!

UPDATE: Multicopter Warehouse called back shortly after I left a message so they got the order. (Drone Nerds never called). I bought a Mavic Pro 2, fly more kit + 2 extra batteries, travel case, FPV goggles and a few other goodies like landing pad, strobe, and prop guards. I obtained the hobbyist registration and have purchased a couple books on part 107. Off on new adventures!!
That's unfortunate. DroneNerds charges no sales tax, and has an additional 10% discount code that still works at the super low refurb price. I checked! Either way, the M2P is one of DJI's best drones, with a 1” sensor! Grab an MA2 Combo Kit to complement it, for live digital zoom in good light in a tiny package, and you'll be all set.

Drone Nerds and I are in the same state so they would have to charge tax. And this is my first drone I did not want to risk the potential issues of a refurbed drone. Once I have learned my way around the equipment I will be in a better position to evaluate used equipment. I was not looking to nickel and dime on my first acquisition. I had a targeted budget of $4,000 and could have gone more. So I had the luxury of picking out the drone I wanted along with a bunch of accessories. Even with the FPV Goggles I had money left over. I'll put that towards a higher quality FLIR camera. I will be in ground school for a few days!

Also, is the "Combo Kit" the same thing as the Fly More kit?

Thanks for all the advice. I finally learned to join a forum BEFORE a purchase and I was not disappointed. I learned a lot from people here. Someday I will be a contributor.

Allen

Drone Nerds and I are in the same state so they would have to charge tax. And this is my first drone I did not want to risk the potential issues of a refurbed drone. Once I have learned my way around the equipment I will be in a better position to evaluate used equipment. I was not looking to nickel and dime on my first acquisition. I had a targeted budget of $4,000 and could have gone more. So I had the luxury of picking out the drone I wanted along with a bunch of accessories. Even with the FPV Goggles I had money left over. I'll put that towards a higher quality FLIR camera. I will be in ground school for a few days!

Also, is the "Combo Kit" the same thing as the Fly More kit?

Thanks for all the advice. I finally learned to join a forum BEFORE a purchase and I was not disappointed. I learned a lot from people here. Someday I will be a contributor.

Allen
I wish I had your budget

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929