DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic FC in another drone

TheButcher

Reactions
So the Mavic is an awesome bit of kit.
That Occusync video / control link is magical.
I'd like to use it on a larger, heavy lift drone that will be used as an aerial lighting platform
I'm considering buying a lightly damaged one from the used market and stripping it's internals to retrofit to my heavy lift rig.

The only immediate problem I can see is the PID tuning with a larger aircraft.

Do you know if something like this has been done by someone else? and what the results were?

Thanks

to retrofit to my heavy lift rig.

The only immediate problem I can see is the PID tuning with a larger aircraft.

Do you know if something like this has been done by someone else?

I recommend using an A3 FC with your haevy lifter if you you wish to stay with DJI hardware, otherwise go for a Pixhawk FC

Reactions: mrreddog
if you want to try it, i think recommand "exchange ESC's FET - more largest capacity"

It will be little hard work. SMD type FET is small size and hard to deal.

Not just ESC's, but a wiring and all other power demand would need much heavier components for increased motor size for heavy lift.. Like others have suggested, you need to look at a whole new flight controller, speed controllers, motors, wiring, etc. The DJI system is all built on light duty circuit boards linked together with ribbon cables and thin wire, its just not capable of adding bigger motors with out changing all the necessary hardware. Like mentioned, Naza is made by DJI, it would work, along with an A3 FC. I prefer Pixhawk or APM, but you really need to build it from the ground up, with all components rated for your task, Heavy lift in your case.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Thanks guys. I forsee 2 problems:
Watching some tear down videos, I was trying to spot the pinouts for ESC signal to add larger ones, making the on-board ESC's redundant.
Also PID tuning. I'm not sure if you can just pop the hood and get into stuff like that for a Mavic.
I planned on using a DC/DC converter to power the mavic board and have the retrofitted ESC's running off a seperate power rail.
May have to just go a different FC unless I can find a really cheap mavic to Butcher and experiment on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser