DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic FedEx delivery - How can I pickup at FedEx location?

noone

Reactions
As the title says, I won't be home to sign for this package and I don't have the option to select to pickup at FedEx location. Will this option become available to me after one failed delivery attempt?

I wasn't able to pick mine up from a FedEx store. You can leave a signed note on the door and ask your package to be dropped. That at least was an option for me back in October since an in person signature was not required.

Reactions: arizwildcat520

Fedex sometimes does not provide the option to hold at location before delivery is attempted at least once. For me this was the case as I saw that my Mavic was at the local Fedex location on a Saturday, I tried to call them to see if I could pick it up instead of waiting until Tuesday (no deliveries for Fedex Home on Mondays) but they told me that they could not do it until after the first delivery attempt. At any rate if you are not there they will leave a note with your options, one may be to call them and they will re-deliver when you will be home, one may be to pick it up, and another may be to leave the signed tag on your door and they will leave it (I don't recommend this option as you are talking about a $1,000 drone sitting out unprotected).

I wonder if my driver will take a signature taped to my door. I guess I can try, but I doubt it they will for liability reasons. I'm not worried about theft in my particular scenario. If it doesn't work, I'll reroute to a fedex location after the first missed attempt. Thanks for the advice.

If you sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager (which includes verification of your identity using credit card, public records, etc.), you will automatically get text and/or app notifications of scheduled deliveries, and can request packages be held. Otherwise, you must wait until one attempt, then request a hold using the door tag number (you need the physical door tag number not the tracking number, since the door tag number confirms you are physically at that address requesting it be held).

I wonder if my driver will take a signature taped to my door. I guess I can try, but I doubt it they will for liability reasons. I'm not worried about theft in my particular scenario. If it doesn't work, I'll reroute to a fedex location after the first missed attempt. Thanks for the advice.

Should be able to as long as you put the tracking number and then sign. This is how I got mine delivered since I was at work during the day

You guys read my FedEx story on the amazon thread?
Took day day off from work to be home to sign for it. Sat in my living room all day. Half way through day checked tracking on FedEx. It Said "delivery attempt made no one home" I'm like WTF. Went to door checked door no sticker! Did this guy even come to my house?? Called FedEx. Spent rest of day calling back forth to local facility till I was able to track down driver and met him to get my mavic since they have no option to hold at facility and I was not going to take another day off. Basically after three attempts it gets sent back to dji. I finally tracked driver down and got mine in evening. At one point I thought perhaps driver staged everything just to keep my Mavic Fly More package knowing it's a hot item this year or something. My heart droped as I felt I was so close and yet so far until it was in my hands.

I printed a letter with the fedex logo and consignment number asking to leave it at the door and signed it - and they did.

I order some blades and never dealing with that crap again. Same issue but they wanted a signiture and an ID. I had to drive 25 minutes and wait like 15 and back on top of getting lost trying to find it because the road isnt on google maps? Anyways I called them up and told them I had to pick it up and they check and made sure delivery truck with it was there and they found it and it said sure. But major pain in the ***.

That's an option I on the door tag (sign for it to be left), but you accept all risk if it's stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same scenario. I had 2 failed attempts for delivery and was not going to be home for the third attempt. Also, no stickers were ever left at my door. I ended up calling Fedex and was told the only way to hold the package was to put a vacation hold on my deliveries. This can only be done online. You package will then be held at your city's central fedex office until your vacation hold runs out. I went there to pick it up after work on what would have been my third failed attempt. Hope this helps

The driver did not leave my packages even after I printed off the tracking numbers with the fedex logo, and signed with a big circle around the words "Please accept this as my signature for delivery (tracking no)."

From my security cameras, I could see him reading the big notes on my door, but he didn't care. I guess I can understand his non-acceptance of the liability, but it seems like he could have my signed papers as signature proof but obviously didn't want to deal with it.

It looks like it is going to be easier to work from home and accept the delivery tomorrow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhop786