DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Fell Out of the Sky!!

Ruel33

Reactions
Yesterday I noticed the battery level should have been lower than it was showing. So around 12 minutes I hit RTH. The mavic started the descent, then went from 78% battery to issuing a battery low warning. It started spinning and fell straight down with a sickening impact onto my driveway. Will DJI cover these type of issues?

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-08-19_[19-07-09].txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Somebody here will be able to look at your flight logs and let you know what happened, and why. If the proof is conclusive there was a malfunction DJI should cover it, though it may take a fight to get them to admit it.

The performance and reporting of the battery can be easily seen on this viewer. At 10 min 38 sec into flight the battery level was showing 76 percent even though total voltage had dropped below 10.5 volts and all three cells had dropped below 3.5 volts. One minute later the voltage had dropped to 8.8 volts but the level was showing 70 percent. Again all three cells were low, so not a problem of one cell having an issue. Certainly seems to confirm the crash was due to critical power failure. Hopefully one of the experts can give an opinion on whether this is simply a battery gone bad or if there could be some other explanation.

Hi Guys, Im new to this so please be gentle :)
i took my Mavic Pro out yesterday and had the same issue as its fell out of the sky at 17ft and broke one the front left landing gear just below the botls (i know this is not a big fix but was super annoying for a first flight) this is my second Mavic after an incident involving a river back in June oooops. I was wondering if someone could review my flight log to see what the issue is so i know in the future? i also dont know how to upload a log so any help for you would be greatly appreciated. thanks Will

long time reader, first time writer

Hi Guys, Im new to this so please be gentle :)
i took my Mavic Pro out yesterday and had the same issue as its fell out of the sky at 17ft and broke one the front left landing gear just below the botls (i know this is not a big fix but was super annoying for a first flight) this is my second Mavic after an incident involving a river back in June oooops. I was wondering if someone could review my flight log to see what the issue is so i know in the future? i also dont know how to upload a log so any help for you would be greatly appreciated. thanks Will

long time reader, first time writer

In my case it was a battery failure and DJI covered it under warranty. I use Airdata to review my flight info and battery information. You need to create an account and sync it with your DJI Go account. Sorry to hear this happen to you as well.

Hi Reul33,

my battery seemed fine and have turned it on since the crash and checked this on the app and all seems fine. I have synced my flight log but cant seem to find it on my account of DJI. it was so unexpected when the Mavic just turned off and i watched it fall from the sky. Lucky for me it fell onto grass which meant it only broke the front leg and nothing too serious. I have Care and Refresh but don't want to use up one of my replacement drones for something this minor. Got in touch with DJI this morning but they haven't got back to me just yet - fantastic customer service so far :). whats Air data then, is that a separate app i need to download. thanks for you help bud, much appreciated

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00