DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic fishing success

Jett

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I made up a hook from a metal coat hunger and connected it through the back landing pads with cable ties.

My setup works by flying out and then doing a 180 deg turn and then the lop I have in the fishing line drops of the hook.

I tested it today and my son ending up hooking up a 3lb brown trout on the 3rd drone drop off.

I was fishing in a lake with the mavic dropping the lure about 230 meters From the bank at about 30 meters above the water.

I will post the full video I took from start to finish on you tube soon.

The coat hanger hook sits flat when you land it and extends straight down when you take off.

Hello everyone,

I made up a hook from a metal coat hunger and connected it through the back landing pads with cable ties.

My setup works by flying out and then doing a 180 deg turn and then the lop I have in the fishing line drops of the hook.

I tested it today and my son ending up hooking up a 3lb brown trout on the 3rd drone drop off.

I was fishing in a lake with the mavic dropping the lure about 230 meters From the bank at about 30 meters above the water.

I will post the full video I took from start to finish on you tube soon.

The coat hanger hook sits flat when you land it and extends straight down when you take off.

Yes. Would love to see the video!

I saw a video of a couple Tuna fishing in the ocean from a beach somewhere. I was thinking of doing that same type of setup up in Wisconsin fishing for bass, Northern Pike and Musky. My question is: is it legal? I'd hate to have the Dept of Natural Resources come confiscate my drone and fishing gear and give me a hefty fine. Anyone know?

Sent from my SM-N920P using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: frankiez
Are you just taking the line out far or actually hooking the fish and flying it back to shore? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MavicPilots mobile app

I'm only hooking up the line and taking it out then dropping it.

I will also make a new rig up with a bungee rope with fishing line and lure trolled behind the mavic too.

I just have to be prepared for the drone to drown if I hook a large fish...

Reactions: baldflux
You definitely have to have nerves of steel to block out in Your mind that you flying above the water, you definitely don't want to get distracted.

I can also connect up a GoPro floating handle to the current coat hanger rig just incase it does go for a swim.

At least I could retrieve the drone and still re-use the body to build another mavic worse case scenario.

I'd love to see a video with a mavic, I saw the one posted above!

I will post it up sometime next week.

I will put a link to it here.

I fish from the beach (salt) a lot and have always wanted to use a drone to drop my bait way out. I know the mavic is not ideal for that considering it's size, but freshwater bait weighs less!

I fish from the beach (salt) a lot and have always wanted to use a drone to drop my bait way out. I know the mavic is not ideal for that considering it's size, but freshwater bait weighs less!

I have seen the mavic Lift 2lbs 3oz

Not thing like a phantom 3 or 4.

Reactions: VortexSpin
Very interesting. Check out the water landing kit on amazon for 30$ it be perfect for you. Watch the youtube vid of it in action too

Fyi Not sure the Mavic will ever be a re-buildable unit like the phantom series. Even if someone makes an aftermarket user friendly gimbal and camera system for it, the rest of the parts are so micro nano unstandardized etc u cant really do much to it; unless u have a degree in something I probably cant even pronounce

Reactions: Jett
Here is the mavic fishing video.

Very interesting. Check out the water landing kit on amazon for 30$ it be perfect for you. Watch the youtube vid of it in action too

Fyi Not sure the Mavic will ever be a re-buildable unit like the phantom series. Even if someone makes an aftermarket user friendly gimbal and camera system for it, the rest of the parts are so micro nano unstandardized etc u cant really do much to it; unless u have a degree in something I probably cant even pronounce

Cool, they look like 4 polystyrene balls pushed onto the legs...

Would be a great back up if it decides to go for a swim.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143