DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic flies slower after new update

Worthyo

Reactions
Hi all. Has anyone else noticed that the new firmware update has made the mavic fly slower than before. Apart from disabling the OA sensors or p mode any fixes?

Do check you have re-enabled multiple flight modes and checked all other settings as they are often reset to defaults during a firmware update.

So for example, switching to Sport mode would have no effect until multiple flight modes are re-enabled.

Aside from that, no, I have not noticed that the update changed speed.

Reactions: Worthyo
I gotta say....mine did appear to fly slower after the update. You may be on to something...
I gotta say....mine did appear to fly slower after the update. You may be on to something...
I sent my Mavic back to the factory for repairs. They kept my old one and sent me a new one and now it only flies 4 to 6 mph. When I first got it it flew the normal 20 mph for about 5 minutes and then it would only go 4. I can't turn off the obstacle avoidance as there isn't a way to do it in the new firmware. Please don't mention wind as this is over several days of trying to cure the issue. None of the days had wind over 4 mph at any elevation. I can't use the drone at these speeds.

Why can't you turn OA off? Surely they haven't removed the whole visual sensors menu tab?

Why can't you turn OA off? Surely they haven't removed the whole visual sensors menu tab?
If I knew why I couldn't turn it off this posting wouldn't be here. There is no place to turn it off. I can turn off the downward sensing but not the forward sensing. It isn't in the program anywhere.

If I knew why I couldn't turn it off this posting wouldn't be here. There is no place to turn it off. I can turn off the downward sensing but not the forward sensing. It isn't in the program anywhere.
If only the downward sensors setting is visible then you are one menu too far in. You need to go back to the first page of the sensor settings menu.

If only the downward sensors setting is visible then you are one menu too far in. You need to go back to the first page of the sensor settings menu.
Yes! Thank you. With your help I found how to turn it off and it flies like it used to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll