DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Flying Up By Itself

darby

Reactions
Hello all,
I purchased the mavic from a seller. I got a great deal but I have been having some issues. I am going to stay grounded until I can get some advice.
Sometimes the mavic flys perfect but most of the time I am having an issue. When I do a manual take of everything is ok. I get up to about 30 feet and I will hear the motors rev for a second an then the mavic starts to go straight up. I can yaw, go left, right backwards and forwards but the throttle seems to be an issue. I have to pull the throttle all the way down for about 5 seconds and then the controller says landing. Sometimes it comes down gently, other times very fast.
I have a height limit of 60ft. I was out at the park and it exceeded it and when up to 300ft before it would start to come down. Again the controller and the app says landing. I never hit the auto take off or auto landing on these occasions. Today I was at the park again and it started doing the same thing. When it gets down to about 20ft I am able to gain full control again. I flew it one more time and it started getting weird again. It finally hovered at about 3ft. Again I had to hold the throttle down for about 5 seconds before it would land.
Any advice I could get from all of you would be greatly appreciated. By the way the issue is with the DJI GO 4 and Litchi apps. Also the video is crisp and controller signal is 100%. I am running Apple Air 2 ios 11.0.1.
I'm stumped guys. I don't know what to do. I have been flying drones for a long time and I have never had this issue.
Thanks again,
Darby

Check to see if all of the gain settings (3 of them I believe) are at 100% which I think is the factory setting.

Hello all,
I purchased the mavic from a seller. I got a great deal but I have been having some issues. I am going to stay grounded until I can get some advice.
Sometimes the mavic flys perfect but most of the time I am having an issue. When I do a manual take of everything is ok. I get up to about 30 feet and I will hear the motors rev for a second an then the mavic starts to go straight up. I can yaw, go left, right backwards and forwards but the throttle seems to be an issue. I have to pull the throttle all the way down for about 5 seconds and then the controller says landing. Sometimes it comes down gently, other times very fast.
I have a height limit of 60ft. I was out at the park and it exceeded it and when up to 300ft before it would start to come down. Again the controller and the app says landing. I never hit the auto take off or auto landing on these occasions. Today I was at the park again and it started doing the same thing. When it gets down to about 20ft I am able to gain full control again. I flew it one more time and it started getting weird again. It finally hovered at about 3ft. Again I had to hold the throttle down for about 5 seconds before it would land.
Any advice I could get from all of you would be greatly appreciated. By the way the issue is with the DJI GO 4 and Litchi apps. Also the video is crisp and controller signal is 100%. I am running Apple Air 2 ios 11.0.1.
I'm stumped guys. I don't know what to do. I have been flying drones for a long time and I have never had this issue.
Thanks again,
Darby
here are a couple threads that address the issue.
Search Results for Query: climbing | DJI Mavic Drone Forum
Search Results for Query: ascending | DJI Mavic Drone Forum

Reactions: MrsTreat
@darby, this sounds like an issue with the downward sensors. If the sensors are detecting something is near (even when your Mavic is high in the sky), your Mavic will auto ascend and/or switch to Forced Landing mode when you hold the throttle stick in the full down position. If you upload one of your TXT flight logs here, you'll be able to confirm if this is the issue by reviewing the data in the "VPS Altitude" column. That column should always show "0" when your Mavic is not near the ground.

These issues can be resolved mid-flight by disabling the Landing Protection setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Landing-Protection.jpg

Here are the usual cases where the downward sensors incorrectly detect the ground is near:
  • Something is dangling beneath the Mavic (e.g. a GPS tracker antenna)
  • A 3rd party accessory is installed beneath the Mavic (e.g. extended landing gear)
  • The sensors needs to be calibrated like this
  • The sensors are dirty and need to be cleaned
  • The sensors are damaged and need to be replaced (not a common problem)

Hello,
Thank you for that. I will try all of that. Could you please tell me how to get the text file from the mavic. I will definitely upload it?
Thank you!

Hello,
I was able to retrieve the TXT files. Thank you. I believe that I did have the landing and obstacle avoidance on but if you have time could you look at the files for me and confirm that maybe it thought that I was close to the ground and that is why it kept ascending. Also I did have extended landing gear on the mavic.
Thank you again,
Darby

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-09-27_[17-40-03].txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • DJIFlightRecord_2017-09-27_[17-50-19].txt
    525.6 KB · Views: 2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members