DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic for Real Estate Interior Videos - Hand held - Eachshot?

56_kruiser

Reactions
Just wondering if anyone is using the Mavic for Real Estate Interior videos, using a hand held Mavic carrier. How's it working out for you?

There are several out there...any particular recommendations?

Well, I found the video below that leaves me thinking it's not such a great idea. Anyone able to say otherwise? Although, he was not reviewing from a perspective of real estate interiors.

I use mine regularly on a diy rig. Works perfectly.

There are loads of videos on YT which depict using the MP in Tripod mode for interiors.

Just wondering if anyone is using the Mavic for Real Estate Interior videos, using a hand held Mavic carrier. How's it working out for you?

There are several out there...any particular recommendations?
A friend and I combined at a shoot his Spark could do the fly down the hall through the open front door video, then start a Mavic from where the Spark hovered, little post-production and you have a fly-through out and up, for a Grand Finale.

YT, yeah, I even linked one above. Interior shots may be better than what the fellow in the linked vid above experienced. Less 'Walking', so to speak. I didn't find much of using it sideline homes. But, more searching can be done.

I've wondered about actually flying. I keep reading posts here about bad experiences trying that. Need to find some info on recommendations for successful fly inside.

But, it does seem to me that the hand held unit for the Mavic is a good option to consider.

There are more than just Katana, there are single hand held ones instead of the two handles like Katana, as for altering the camera camera angle up and down you can do this by sliding your finger up and down anywhere on main screen, dont have to use the tiny bar slider.
You can adjust speed for smoothness also. As fir gimbal height enable the 30° switch in settings and camera will angle up 30° higher to get those high shots. No props in shot as not on or spinning, Mavic is in holder.
For low panning along ground there is a simple hand holder that clips over top of Mavic with a hand grip that allows just that.
The guy in the vid is too negative and comparing minis with ferraris. Katana and similar units are fir Mavic to do a simple fill in in places where you cant fly and still need to get good shots and for those that cant afford xtra thousand dollars of equipment that only use occasionally.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike