DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic FPV app

diveinstructor

Reactions
Just got this app and seems very nice!!! however the distance from me is not working??? everything else works.

My DGI go 4 app the distance works fine and so does Litchi so it has to be in the Mavic FPV software.

Anyone else have this issue??

Just got this app and seems very nice!!! however the distance from me is not working??? everything else works.

My DGI go 4 app the distance works fine and so does Litchi so it has to be in the Mavic FPV software.

I also just downloaded it,and so far it's working perfect,using my VR goggles. My distance and AGL are spot on,so far? For 11.55 for the VR goggles,and 4.99 for the app,I thought I would give it a spin. I like to fly with goggles since I also fly racing drones,and I'm used to the immersive feeling they give you while using them. I will most likley spring for the DJI goggles later,but for this amount of money,I thought why not give it a try? I spend more than this at the drive thru at Mc Donalds with the wife and grandkids! LOL!

Last edited:
I also just downloaded it,and so far it's working perfect,using my VR goggles. My distance and AGL are spot on,so far? For 11.55 for the VR goggles,and 4.99 for the app,I thought I would give it a spin. I like to fly with goggles since I also fly racing drones,and I'm used to the immersive feeling they give you while using them. I will most likley spring for the DJI goggles later,but for this amount of money,I thought why not give it a try? I spend more than this at the drive thru at Mc Donalds with the wife and grandkids! LOL!
Thats what i was thinking! Its really cheap, I did the FPV with my older iphone and a cheap pair of VR goggles " 20 USD"

All was great except the distance from home was at 0........

:-(

Thats what i was thinking! Its really cheap, I did the FPV with my older iphone and a cheap pair of VR goggles " 20 USD"

All was great except the distance from home was at 0........

:-(
This one works flawlessley! I've never been happier with a app for the MP. It gives you everything you need,and none of the stuff you don't. I can actually fly into the sun,without the brakes comming on,no constant warnings,ect. It just works well!:) I think it works so well,because it isn't over loaded with features,that you either don't want or need? I use my iPhone 7+ and the picture is really clear,plus the cheap VR goggles have a focal adjustment for each eye. I don't use the goggles unless I'm flying with friends,and that's about 50% of the time,so plunking down 499.00 just isn't worth it,for me(at least for now). But for,11.55 for the goggles,and 4.99 for the app,it's a no brainer!;)

Last edited:
Reactions: diveinstructor
This one works flawlessly! I've never been happier with a app for the MP. It gives you everything you need,and none of the stuff you don't. I can actually fly into the sun,without the brakes comming on,no constant warnings,ect. It just works well!:) I think it works so well,because it isn't over loaded with features,that you either don't want or need? I use my iPhone 7+ and the picture is really clear,plus the cheap VR goggles have a focal adjustment for each eye. I don't use the goggles unless I'm flying with friends,and that's about 50% of the time,so plunking down 499.00 just isn't worth it,for me(at least for now). But for,11.55 for the goggles,and 4.99 for the app,it's a no brainer!;)
Ya I totally agree its a cool app!!!! I just got some FPV goggles so ill have to give that a try!!
just strange that my distance from take off does not work? DJI Go 4 and Litchi distance from take off works just fine? Oh well I can still see distance from take off on my RC.
Still a great app!

Ya I totally agree its a cool app!!!! I just got some FPV goggles so ill have to give that a try!!
just strange that my distance from take off does not work? DJI Go 4 and Litchi distance from take off works just fine? Oh well I can still see distance from take off on my RC.
Still a great app!
Yeah,that is strange? Is there any way to "refresh" the app,without purchasing it again?

I can delete it and re down load it. Ill try that. Its not a very big deal. Like I said I can still see the distance on the RC
If it really bothers you (it would me,LOL!) I would re download it. Mine has been spot on both in Distance,and AGL,infact I think it is more accurate than my GO4 app. I also fly using it with just my RC (non VR mode),and it works well for that too!There is also a update comming for it,that will include "quick shot",but that dosen't really interest me,I was forced to get it on my last GO4 update,and used it once,but it dosen't do anything,I can't already do manually,so that's just wasted space,(for me anyway).

Reactions: diveinstructor
Also,I shot some video yesterday with the goggles on and found that you want to turn the head tracking OFF while shooting video!:D It will cause the video to move around a lot. I was flying in 20-28 mph wind (not the best for video),and did actually get pushed around some while circling the machine. Also having the camera set to auto,really isn't that good,as it changes the color in the video too often in bright sunlight.

In Mavic FPV app the distance showed is the distance bettwen the mavic and the gps position of the iPhone,
have you give acces to the app to the iOS location service on first lauch of the app?

Just downloaded this app have not tried it yet but definitely looking forward to using it.
Now can someone tell me how to subscribe to this thread

HOW do I get this App? Iooked in Play Store but couldent find it.

I'm having fun with this APP, but I did find a issue.
If in VR mode before launch you can make adjustments to the zoom and IPD, but after setting those I took off and started my tour around. The settings never went away and began making adjustments as I was in flight. I could not fine a way to clear the setting on screen and had to remove the goggles and RTH manually. very scary. any one else have this issue?

WOW, 6 more flights and I can't make it do it again.
Must have been a glitch. I do think there is room for improvement, have the settings not come on when its on the ground. maybe another way, on and off thru the 5 point switch.

I'm not familiar with this app and I barely know what Litchi does...aside from FPV flying.

Is this app better than Litchi?

I'm looking forward to trying out the way points. I also have (and really like ) Litchi,Fly FPV,Way Point,Full screen, plus all the other features, without the hassles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest