DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic gaining altitude on it's own

JeffT

Reactions
Like in the title, I haven't figured this out yet. I think it is a program thing. Well -- or my lack of knowledge. after take off with all systems go, raise it to 10 feet or more and hands off, it will start to raise by itself. just keeps creeping up. Very slow to respond to stick inputs. Try bringing it down and it acts like it does not want to respond. takes a long time to desend after stick is in bottom position, than it says LANDIND. Red X appears in left side screen and will not respond to touch. During slow descent it will drop a foot or so real fast and catch itself and continue to defend slowly. Hope this makes sense and if anybody can help I sure would appricate it. May end up having to send it in for repair. FYI never been crashed :).

Thank , Jeff

Thanks Jack, have done that with no luck. I'm flying with Go4 and iPad mini 4 wifi. Does the same with iPhone 7. Calibrated everything i can think of. Thanks again

Can you upload the .dat file of the flight where the issue occurred? (it will be large so you need to upload it to dropbox or something similar and post a link to it here)

that will be a challenge for me. I may have to make a short flight just for that info. flew two batteries out today and not sure where to find just that. have to review how to mine data

that will be a challenge for me. I may have to make a short flight just for that info. flew two batteries out today and not sure where to find just that. have to review how to mine data
I think you can look at the date/time from the controller log and find the corresponding flight log in the drone

Did the issue only occur once?

been occuring several times. thought that it was the Expo settings and after checking them, still raising. some how or another the setting change on their own and I have to always check them. I'll work on the data thing. It's difficult to get help from DJI assistance. Thanks again

Happy to help! Keeps me occupied while I wait for my drone to come back from DJI lol! :)

Like in the title, I haven't figured this out yet. I think it is a program thing. Well -- or my lack of knowledge. after take off with all systems go, raise it to 10 feet or more and hands off, it will start to raise by itself. just keeps creeping up. Very slow to respond to stick inputs. Try bringing it down and it acts like it does not want to respond. takes a long time to desend after stick is in bottom position, than it says LANDIND. Red X appears in left side screen and will not respond to touch. During slow descent it will drop a foot or so real fast and catch itself and continue to defend slowly. Hope this makes sense and if anybody can help I sure would appricate it. May end up having to send it in for repair. FYI never been crashed :).

Thank , Jeff
This is only a suggestion. Try downgrading the firmware once and then re upgrade to current version. This could be a glitch in the FW or the barometric sensor. Possibly even a VPS sensor.
Give it if a try before you send back.
Good luck:cool:

This is only a suggestion. Try downgrading the firmware once and then re upgrade to current version. This could be a glitch in the FW or the barometric sensor. Possibly even a VPS sensor.
Give it if a try before you send back.
Good luck:cool:
This is what I am thinking about doing. Thanks for you help

Well I think Andrew F hit it on the nose. I went over after work today and with full battery charge, made another flight test. I turned OFF all the sensors on the Mavic, and I did not have any problem what so ever. After flying a bit, I turned the sensors back on and the same problem started back up. I then turned off two of the four and still the raising was there. I then turned all them off and the bird flew perfect. I took video with the go pro of this. Now the Question is, Is it hardware, sensors, or is it firmware? The next thing will be to Downgrade firmware and then reload the latest firmware and see if that fixes it. If not, than I guess I'll have to send it in for warranty work. Any thoughts that I have over looked are more than welcome. Thanks, Jeff

Great testing. I'm thinking if it was software, you'd have a lot of company. But I guess it can't hurt too much to try the rollback. Fingers crossed!

That was one of the things I checked the other day, was that all is nice and clean under then, thanks

when you say software do you mean DJI GO 4?
No. I meant the firmware for the Mavic. I can't imagine it is the Go app. If so, that would be even easier to test by trying Go 3. I still use that with my S7 Edge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost