DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Gimbal Calibration- GIMBAL WENT CRAZY??

Loylzeus

Reactions
Hey guys, new mavic pilot here. in real need of your help.

i just bought my Mavic a few days ago, never even flew it once. just fired it up and updated firmware.

today, i calibrated it’s IMU and everything was ok.

then i moved on to calibrate it’s gimbal. i clucked gimbal auto calibration.

at 25%, the gimbal started going haywire and crazy, spinning all about and making clacking noises. i swear my heart just aches to hear that. at first i thought maybe it’ll go away and observed it, but then i knoew something was wrong and turned off the mavic.

now i don’t know what to do cause if i calibrate the gimbal again and it happens again, it seems like i’ll destroy the only thing that makes the mavic worthwhile. i’ve seen on some threads ppl say it’ll shorten the gimbals lifespan and that sucks because i’ve never flown it yet. will it tho?

please advise guys.

Hey guys, new mavic pilot here. in real need of your help.

i just bought my Mavic a few days ago, never even flew it once. just fired it up and updated firmware.

today, i calibrated it’s IMU and everything was ok.

then i moved on to calibrate it’s gimbal. i clucked gimbal auto calibration.

at 25%, the gimbal started going haywire and crazy, spinning all about and making clacking noises. i swear my heart just aches to hear that. at first i thought maybe it’ll go away and observed it, but then i knoew something was wrong and turned off the mavic.

now i don’t know what to do cause if i calibrate the gimbal again and it happens again, it seems like i’ll destroy the only thing that makes the mavic worthwhile. i’ve seen on some threads ppl say it’ll shorten the gimbals lifespan and that sucks because i’ve never flown it yet. will it tho?

please advise guys.
Restart the aircraft and controller. Does it repeat this issue?
And do we need more detailed NFO? Perhaps.;)
What FW is your system on?

Restart the aircraft and controller. Does it repeat this issue?
And do we need more detailed NFO? Perhaps.;)
What FW is your system on?

Hey Drone master, thanks for the prompt reply. i’ve restart everything cautiously and repeated the same calibrations, this time moving from my living room floor to a flat bench. stared closely as i did the gimbal cali again expecting same results - this time it calibrated smoothly and successfully.

freaking confused lol!

if only my gimbal camera didn’t have to go through that 30-40 sec torture upon first cali.

my firmware was updated to latest, the one for phantom 3 and inspire for cold weather.

and ps what is NFO :Do_O

Hey Drone master, thanks for the prompt reply. i’ve restart everything cautiously and repeated the same calibrations, this time moving from my living room floor to a flat bench. stared closely as i did the gimbal cali again expecting same results - this time it calibrated smoothly and successfully.

freaking confused lol!

if only my gimbal camera didn’t have to go through that 30-40 sec torture upon first cali.

my firmware was updated to latest, the one for phantom 3 and inspire for cold weather.

and ps what is NFO :Do_O
It means information. If you want fellow pilots to help you out with your issue,
Then by all means be more specific.
Do you have a video to share regarding your problem?:cool:

I have had my mavic 8 "months and never calibrated anything ever for what it is worth. Several times it told me to but then I just moved the drone away from other electronics and warning went away. Has flown without problems. A couple of disconnects but rebooted tablet in flight and reconnected. Happened when googles were on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent