DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Gimbal issues: Gradual tilt

kona

Reactions
I've previously reported on my gimbal issues when flying sideways -- the horizon will tilt temporarily but eventually reset. I've also reported having to regularly adjust gimbal tilt while in flight, possibly due to wind. But I've met one guy with his Mavic who, in direct comparisons flying at the same altitude and doing identical maneuvers, didn't have horizon tile. So there's definitely dramatic QC variation between Mavics. I reported on this here: Tilted horizon issue: tests with(out)gimbal cover

There's a new issue I've been noticing on almost every recent flight: the gimbal will start tilting as I turn, then stay stuck in the (often substantially) tilted position. Here's an example (tilt happens at 0:10):

It's possible that this is a wind issue, as what I reported earlier. I.e., before the turn the wind came from the opposite direction than after the turn, and maybe the gimbal just happened to be adjusted right (against the wind), which then showed up more dramatically after the turn.

My question is: have others here seen tilts of this magnitude regularly on their Mavic? For me it is so common that it almost renders this drone useless for any serious video taking.

If this is indeed a wind issue, I don't understand how 1. the other guy I met could not have had it and 2. why DJI's software can't correct for it because it knows the angle of the drone w.r.t. ground.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98