DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic goes straight up with no control

Dgaskin

Reactions
Hi,

I flew my Mavic yesterday but after auto takeoff the drone went slowly straight up to around 100ft and just stayed there. I was in p mode and had a good signal but nothing I seemed to do gave me control over the device. It finally came down but not under control and crashed into a bush. (Luckily no damage) I was using an LG Android phone and all firmware etc was up to date. It was also calibrated correctly.

I have since flown a few times using the same drone using an IOS device without issues.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and any ideas what might have caused it?

Thanks Dave

What was your battery charge at? I had the same thing happen some what. I was coming back from a long flight and the drone was in RTH mode. It got about 20 ft from home point and about 60 ft up. I took over the controls ( canceled the RTH). it started climbing up to 295 ft way passed the max alt I had set at 168 ft. Then it started coming down fast uncontrolled. free fall. the drone started backup about 20 ft off the ground but it was to late and hit the ground. and I was not able to stop the motors. Only thing I came up with was I started the flight at 93 % battery.

Reactions: pai
What was your battery charge at? I had the same thing happen some what. I was coming back from a long flight and the drone was in RTH mode. It got about 20 ft from home point and about 60 ft up. I took over the controls ( canceled the RTH). it started climbing up to 295 ft way passed the max alt I had set at 168 ft. Then it started coming down fast uncontrolled. free fall. the drone started backup about 20 ft off the ground but it was to late and hit the ground. and I was not able to stop the motors. Only thing I came up with was I started the flight at 93 % battery.

Yes that sounds quite similar but my battery was 100% and just off charge. It also wasn't in RTH mode I'd just taken off and just went up. No control at all. Very odd and haven't reproduced in on my IOS device. Think I'll just stick with using an iPhone and iPad.

I have an LG v20 phone Android operating system list phone work properly with my mavic Pro and also I have a Samsung Tab 2 tablet working on the latest version of Android. Will I have an issue with this I have not received my mavic yet as I'm waiting 2 more days and eagerly awaiting. I am cruising the forums looking and learning and this is a question that I would like answered. Thanks guys

I have an LG v20 phone Android operating system list phone work properly with my mavic Pro and also I have a Samsung Tab 2 tablet working on the latest version of Android. Will I have an issue with this I have not received my mavic yet as I'm waiting 2 more days and eagerly awaiting. I am cruising the forums looking and learning and this is a question that I would like answered. Thanks guys
I have used a,samsung note 4 and a Motorola turbo x. Never had a problem but this one time.

Reactions: Jedipro23
Sounds like you lost RC control right after takeoff, causing a climb to RTH altitude then a landing?

Sounds like it could have been this but there was no message on the controller about loss of contact and if it was this the RTH landing was way too fast. Just lucky it landed somewhere soft. :).

Reactions: Phxbird57
They say to re link controller to drone after firmware update. I gave had a problem that it would not link together after an update. The thing is DJI are doing updates by the hour almost. I've set out in a field waiting for the update to finish.

Reactions: Mavic Schwa
They say to re link controller to drone after firmware update. .
That's the first I have ever heard that .
Added/
Not disputing ya bird but that really is the first time I've ever heard that .
I have done all the updates and have never done that .

That's the first I have ever heard that .
I was reading somewhere after firmware update to relink controller and I can't remember where it was. But I did do a firmware on a P3s and had to relink it. It was like it only seen half of the controls. and it did not say anything about poor signal or relinking.

I was reading somewhere after firmware update to relink controller and I can't remember where it was. But I did do a firmware on a P3s and had to relink it. It was like it only seen half of the controls. and it did not say anything about poor signal or relinking.
Strange . You know what all I fly and have always stayed right on the newest updates/upgrades and guess I've just been bad lucky .

Some aircraft types have one day had one update that required relinking - nothing general.

@Dgaskin, did you take a look at the TXT flight log? If not, you can upload it and view it online here.

I'm thinking the downward sensors were detecting the ground and your Mavic kept ascending to try to get away from the ground. That sometimes happens when the Landing Protection feature is enabled. You can confirm that by checking the "VPS Altitude" column after uploading your TXT flight log at the link above.

@Dgaskin, did you take a look at the TXT flight log? If not, you can upload it and view it online here.

I'm thinking the downward sensors were detecting the ground and your Mavic kept ascending to try to get away from the ground. That sometimes happens when the Landing Protection feature is enabled. You can confirm that by checking the "VPS Altitude" column after uploading your TXT flight log at the link above.

Thanks msinger, I've never looked at the flight log so will check.

Reactions: lostinspace
If you need help reviewing your fight log, please post a link back here after you upload it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato