DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic image tilts when manouvering sideways

garagles

Reactions
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and got my mavic yesterday. Was up in the air today and noticed the picture tilting with the mavic as I maneouvered sideways. I'm pretty sure the whole point of a gimbal is to correct this and keep it smooth?

It doesn't happen all the time though...

Please watch video and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ben
2017_12_16_17_22_29_1.gif

Welcome to the forum. ...do you remove your gimbal clamp all times before fly??

Thanks! Yes clamp was definitely off. Doesn't have any problems in other directions.

FPV mode? As opposed to what other mode?

This is definitely in FPV mode. Go into your GO4 app and change to follow mode. This is covered on page 43 of the Full Mavic user guide.

d8e65806d9a318ace87298e842591b04.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Ok thanks guys I'll check it out. What I don't get is how the mavic is changing between modes by itself? I take off and its fine, half way through the flight it becomes FPV without going into the settings.

Ok thanks guys I'll check it out. What I don't get is how the mavic is changing between modes by itself? I take off and its fine, half way through the flight it becomes FPV without going into the settings.

That is very odd if it is doing it halfway through a flight ...

Might be wrong but think I remember one of the buttons C1 or C2 is set to follow/FPV on default configuration.

Assign button to something else.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Might be wrong but think I remember one of the buttons C1 or C2 is set to follow/FPV on default configuration.

Yeh I thought of that aswell. I know I changed C2 to focus. Maybe I also changed C1 by accident. I will also check this out.

Yeh I thought of that aswell. I know I changed C2 to focus. Maybe I also changed C1 by accident. I will also check this out.

Have you updated recently ? Remember the update does reset some of the settings ( can't remember if this is one of them )

Reactions: Callum

Ok so I feel like the biggest noob! You were right Callum. The C2 is default follow/FPV. I thought I had changed it to auto focus but I had changed C1. So everytime I thought I was auto focusing I was switching between follow/FPV. Also explains why it only happened mid flight. Haha

Thanks for your help guys!
a18f1f91e2d6536caab9efcfaa7a5fbe.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka