DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic keeps climbing...

brunboo

Reactions
Take off is normal, when reach desired height, Mavic decides it wants to keep climbing. Pull back on throttle and goes into landing mode. Happened on two separate flights, on two different batteries. Have not had any problems since day one and have many flights problem free. This is my first issue since purchase.
Anyone have similar issue? Or ideas?
Thanks.

Take off is normal, when reach desired height, Mavic decides it wants to keep climbing. Pull back on throttle and goes into landing mode. Happened on two separate flights, on two different batteries. Have not had any problems since day one and have many flights problem free. This is my first issue since purchase.
Anyone have similar issue? Or ideas?
Thanks.
Check your vision and ultrasonic sensors on the bottom, make sure they are clean and free of dust and debris.

Reactions: tcope
Check your vision and ultrasonic sensors on the bottom, make sure they are clean and free of dust and debris.

That was my first thought also. They are clean. There wasn't any wind, and I was in a wooded area that I am familiar with so there wasn't any interference.

That was my first thought also. They are clean. There wasn't any wind, and I was in a wooded area that I am familiar with so there wasn't any interference.
Hmm.. then I say upload your TXT, Cyberpower678 is very clever and will find a problem if there is one to be found.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
You can view your flight log here:
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

It's showing the downward sensors were detecting the ground when your Mavic wasn't near the ground. That commonly occurs when something is installed beneath the Mavic (e.g. a dangling tracker antenna) or from light bouncing off the surface of water. If the "Landing Protection" setting (see the screenshot below) is enabled (it's enabled by default), the Mavic will auto ascend to try to get away from the ground or it'll start auto landing if the throttle is moved to the full down position (since it thinks you're trying to land).

To resolve this issue, either clear whatever is blocking the downward sensors (if possible) or disable the "Landing Protection" setting before taking off or when you see this occurring mid-flight.

DJI-GO-Landing-Protection.jpg

Mavic is stock. Nothing underneath and I checked the sensors underneath after first flight. I always do a quick test flight in my driveway before I leave to fly to make sure everything is good to go (quick 1-2min.). Rather find out at home than after driving/getting somewhere that something is wrong. I'll have to try to turn off the landing protection and see how that goes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas