DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic latency test

This is very fast, much faster than the normal Lightbridge on the P3/4. If the new DJI goggles are this fast it will be pretty much real time FPV. .14 seconds is awesome.

DJI claims 160 ms in the FAQ in the DJI GO app, so these measurements are right in line.

I'm hoping that the latency on the Goggles will be even lower; the video of two guys racing their mavics has me super hyped. Racing like that requires latency even less than .14 seconds; ideally, it would be under 10ms, but we'll see what they can do; processing 1080p video and sending it over a 4.7-mile link isn't an easy task, even with 24 cores.

I'm hoping that the latency on the Goggles will be even lower; the video of two guys racing their mavics has me super hyped. Racing like that requires latency even less than .14 seconds; ideally, it would be under 10ms, but we'll see what they can do; processing 1080p video and sending it over a 4.7-mile link isn't an easy task, even with 24 cores.

They specs do show the goggles will have lower latency but I have yet to receive a pair to test.

I've owned my spark for a few weeks now and have been taking it really slow. My first few flights I stayed in beginner mode, next few flights after that in standard mode.

To date I've just been gradually "stretching my drone legs" bringing it a bit higher and a bit farther each time to get comfortable with where my personal comfort zone is while flying.

I have been planning on flying today all week long. Getting out I noticed it was windier than I'd have liked, but well within what the Spark can handle. At one point, I brought it up to 150' high for a look around. After a couple minutes I got high wind warnings on the screen so promptly brought it back down below 20'. This made the Spark happy and no more wind warnings. I did some LOS flying and figure 8's to practice.

Once I got to my last battery, I decided to test out sport mode since I was on a huge open field with zero obstructions or people.

I lined it up on the safest path and slowly ramped it up to full power. HOLY GUACAMOLE! It was like watching the Delorean hit 88mph in Back to the Future!

I ran it out at full power to the end of the field, watched it pitch up 5-10 feet high while braking, turned it around and zipped it back at full power. With a tail wind It hit 33mph, but **** it seemed WAY faster!

I did some very controlled turning and burning for the next 10 minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27