DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Lens Hoods V2

Interesting design. Where'd you get it from?

Edit: didn't see your name... I'm guessing you guys made it. In that case, how much?? :) And any plans for different colors?

Reactions: treytexag
Interesting design. Where'd you get it from?

Edit: didn't see your name... I'm guessing you guys made it. In that case, how much?? :) And any plans for different colors?

We will be making them in black! For pricing its TBD, we will give out an initial batch for feedback :)2017-05-02-2.jpg 2017-05-02-1.jpg 2017-05-02.jpg

Reactions: EagelEye
It is about the same as the hooded one, but the obstruction is a lot less ;)

Right, the obstruction was why after using the original lens hood the first time, it stayed in the bag! [emoji1]

I'm looking forward to the new design.

Trey in Houston

It is about the same as the hooded one, but the obstruction is a lot less ;)

You could do some locked off tests with it using a fixed light. I'd be interested to see the results.

I just purchased a cheap Chinese one for 10 bucks. I'll be interested to see how it works. Virtually all of my footage is very slow and smooth so I don't think shade-creep will be a problem.

I'm wondering about the aerodynamics, can you run a speed test with it off and another with it on? I use a shade and it does block the view at times. Your design is creative and looks like a better option if it doesn't catch the wind.

Reactions: Gp™
Do you have a vid using this hood, and how does it handle wind gust?

Looks much improved over the first one.

I would love to test one
I'm in Florida so the is always shining!

Looks much improved over the first one.

I would love to test one
I'm in Florida so the is always shining!

Agreed - live in Sunny, Beautiful Florida and this may help. I have older design - but it got in way of cam.
Also, will this new configuration alleviate ventilation issue on original design?? (Windy conditions warning banner in app)

Nice, i would like to try that for sure. The old one works if your not doing any fast flights so it can be used for cinematic with no problems, but sometimes you want the glare protection and be able to just take off fast.

I'd be up for testing. Easily send back photos/videos captured at various speeds/conditions.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka