DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic likely to flip/turn upsidedown at high speeds?

Fazz

Reactions
Hi guys, this is my 3rd time flying my mavic (it's been raining lately)
I've been practicing flight maneuvers in sports mode, quick turning control

In one occasion, when i flew fast (around 5 meters) it somehow shaked and seemed to flip, I was alone
this time it happened on video (Mavic FPV) (thankfully nothing bad happened)

(10seconds quick video)

Almost flipped, if i remember well: i was flying backwards and up, then tried to turn it 180 degrees and that happened, it is something common? and does it always auto correct itself?

Extra: does return to home automatically comes to home when signal is lost? and when it comes back, do i resume control of it?

Thanks!

Bonus: a picture i liked (flied no more than 120m)
org_7822e3e02a883dd1_1498126390000_resized.jpg

Reactions: ___ViteSSe___
My guess is this is your gimbal freaking out and noy the aircraft itself actually flipping. The mavics software limits the attitude of the aircraft and will not allow anything close to a flip.

My guess is this is your gimbal freaking out and noy the aircraft itself actually flipping. The mavics software limits the attitude of the aircraft and will not allow anything close to a flip.

It was not the gimbal, as i saw that the whole mavic had to correct itself...

That was probably a combination of a gimbal malfunction and angle of attack for braking. There was zero yaw on camera even though you say it happened while trying to turn 180 degrees.

That was probably a combination of a gimbal malfunction and angle of attack for braking. There was zero yaw on camera even though you say it happened while trying to turn 180 degrees.

pardon for the late reply, i've been searching for the forums and this thing is what i think it'll help, the dat file
there are two:

Dropbox - DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-06-23_14-54-43.DAT
this one is 87meg, i hope this is the flight data, as it was the last flight of yesterday (i haven't used dropbox for a long time, anyone can d/l the link once i posted it ?)

and the time i think it happened should be around this time (since it was moving backwards and stopped)

Screenshot_20170623-065350.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98