DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic / Litchi and Panomode

Chip D

Reactions
I was trying to do Pano mode on my Mavic with Litchi with my Android.
I started my Mavic and took it up to about 35'. Then I clicked on the Pano, set it up to do a bunch of pics, clicked the buttom on the left to Start taking pics and it said it was. In the bottom of the screen it says 0-92. It says it's starting, but then it just times out.
Anyways, I get zero pics, and it times out.

It tried starting the video also. So is the video taking the pics or the still camera? Either way nothing is happening. Why?

Chip D - Omaha, NE

Reactions: looper222
Restart the application, bird, and phone. If that doesn't work, re-install the litchi app. Report back after re-installing if it works or not.

Good idea to restart everything. Is 0-92 telling you it was proposing to take 92 photos perhaps? Start of with a simple pano. Maybe 2 rows of 8 and see if that completes. Then set it to something more complex.

Ok, I did a restart on my Android, and then that didn't work, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and that didn't work. I changed the setting so it would just take 26 photos. It took the first one, and then moved the gimbal and took the 2nd, but then it just stopped, and then it timed out again and the capture was done. The SD card was clean BTW,
So that's where I am.

Last edited:
Try super simple first.
Android device. Kill all other apps.

Set Mavic camera to 4:3 and JPG

Panorama setting to minimum.

Rows 2
Top Row angle +15
photos per row 8
windth 360
nadirs 2
Wait before 0
wait after 0

So 18 photos.

See if that works. If not try in Litchi Settings >Aircraft "Use legacy Pano mode".

Try different SD card.

If this all fails maybe you Android device (what type is it?) does not have the HP to do the job.

Someone else reported similar issue with an Android phone about a month back. I do not recall if a fix was found.

I had the same problem today. It is a litchi problem i got a max og 17hotos before it stops. Also the height changes as it does the panarama. After the panarama it decended quickly on its own!!!!!! I was very happy using litchi with my P3 as it worked flawlesly but not the mavic

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

I tried all of that and it was better - it took 2 shots before it shut down!!!

Running this on a Galaxy Tab 4 that runs Litchi perfectly. Do Waypoints with the Hub almost exclusively. Dunno. Guess will wait for an update.
Chip D - Omaha,Ne

Seems to be working on my Android Droid phone using the default Pano settings . Doesn't work well if there is any wind though .

I tired to fly a Litchi Pano mission yesterday. I am using a DJI Mavic Pro, LItchi (3.10.10) running on a Samsung Tab S2. I made sure that no apps were running in the background. I launched Litchi and it loaded normally. I took off and climbed to 50m. I positioned my MAvic over a spot near me. I opened PANO and checked the default settings. When I tapped start nothing happens.

I deleted and reinstalled the latest Lichi software. I started the Mavic, then the controller before connecting the cable to my tablet. Other flight modes work as intended. I will try using my Samsung S7 Edge today.

It may be the wind.

For a 10-shot pano, the Mavic has to turn and stabilize 10 times. If there's enough wind, you may get a timeout before the Mavic can stabilize.

There's another pano mode you can try in Litchi:

Settings > Aircraft > Use Legacy Pano Mode.

Here's a pano I shot with Litchi. It covers about 4 square miles. It was shot from a single point, about 1500 feet up.

Picture of a large area - about 4 square miles

In the Lichi update 3.10.8 (May), one fix was "faster panoramas with Mavic Pro"

Have someone noticed any quicker panoramas in Pano-mode after updating to this or even a newer version of the app?

I have tried a few times, but I feel like it still takes a very long time getting those shots

I understand that the Mavic has to turn and stabilize many times in a 360-pano operation. But does it really need to be that perfect in the cases where the settings in the pano-mode is giving a quite big overlap between images?

Posted also this problem in another part of this forum.. doesn't work.. Says 0/34 but takes 27 photo's. Have a 1.5 sec pause before each photo.

Posted also this problem in another part of this forum.. doesn't work.. Says 0/34 but takes 27 photo's. Have a 1.5 sec pause before each photo.
Why pause? Mine works fine with wait time before and after left at the default of 0. Try that.

... I will try using my Samsung S7 Edge today.
Good idea. I use S7 edge and it works well with Litchi & Pano's.
I suspect some of the issues are device related so trying somthing else could help.

Using iOS and it's worked 5 times and 1 not. The time it didn't, there was an app error and it wouldn't do it until I closed and reopened. Prior to Litchi, I used the 'free' Hangar 360 to grab the pics but did not upload -- stitched them myself.

Why pause? Mine works fine with wait time before and after left at the default of 0. Try that.
Of course this is the default setting, I started with the default settings. I am on fw .400 but after all the commotion I don't want to update to .700 fw

Any advice what web site to use to share panos? Been using kuula.com but it needs really shrinked down pano photos.

yup
Try super simple first.
Android device. Kill all other apps.

Set Mavic camera to 4:3 and JPG

Panorama setting to minimum.

Rows 2
Top Row angle +15
photos per row 8
windth 360
nadirs 2
Wait before 0
wait after 0

So 18 photos.

See if that works. If not try in Litchi Settings >Aircraft "Use legacy Pano mode".

Try different SD card.

If this all fails maybe you Android device (what type is it?) does not have the HP to do the job.

Someone else reported similar issue with an Android phone about a month back. I do not recall if a fix was found.
good advise and possibly delete goapp if you have that on phone as that can affect things

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50