DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic lost connection or crash issues?

smithlaw

Reactions
Who all has had a problem with their Mavic dropping out of the sky, losing connection, loss of signal, etc. issues lately? I know someone mentioned that there were 5 or so similar occurrences that happened with Mavic's built within a few weeks of each other. I would like to know how many of us have had these issues. Thanks. Your feedback is extremely important!

I just had my first crash a couple of hours ago...

I was flying in my office's warehouse bay that has 30' metallic ceilings. Although roomy, there's large refrigerators, compressors and machinery in proximity.

I didn't get a GPS signal before taking off and I ignored warnings for high electromagnetic interference.
After two minutes of flying the mavic in and out the door of the bay, I got another warning for high electromagnetic interference. I flew the mavic towards me to land it, but at the last second, it beeped, I lost control of it and it flew sideways into a bunch of cardboard boxes. I panicked and went to retrieve it without turning the motors off and hurt my finger.

Fortunately I only shed a bit of blood and only the propellers got damaged, but this was a huge learning experience. This was my first time flying indoors and I'll be EXTREMELY cautious when attempting to do so again.

After, this I saw DJI sells propeller guards for $15, at this point making such investment sounds like a no-brainer.

I just had my first crash a couple of hours ago...

I was flying in my office's warehouse bay that has 30' metallic ceilings. Although roomy, there's large refrigerators, compressors and machinery in proximity.

I didn't get a GPS signal before taking off and I ignored warnings for high electromagnetic interference.
After two minutes of flying the mavic in and out the door of the bay, I got another warning for high electromagnetic interference. I flew the mavic towards me to land it, but at the last second, it beeped, I lost control of it and it flew sideways into a bunch of cardboard boxes. I panicked and went to retrieve it without turning the motors off and hurt my finger.

Fortunately I only shed a bit of blood and only the propellers got damaged, but this was a huge learning experience. This was my first time flying indoors and I'll be EXTREMELY cautious when attempting to do so again.

After, this I saw DJI sells propeller guards for $15, at this point making such investment sounds like a no-brainer.

I fly indoors sometimes, so I would suggest getting those prop guards. They are not expensive and they will save you a lot of hurt in cases like this..

Lose connection had a crash.[emoji22][emoji35]

Today I started my Mavic controller, the GO 4 app, then powered up the Mavic - Iphone 6s said 'disconnected'. This was using a USB cable, not the Mavic one. I quit the app, slid it off to really end it and started GO 4 again with the same non-results. I quit Go 4, launched Hangar 360 and it worked flawless.

Not a cable issue, not my phone - something else.

I had a similar situation. Mine lost signal and dropped straight down on the pavement, causing a ton of damage. This was on April 17th. I sent it back on the 18th or 19th. They received it and I had to harass them after FedEx was showing it had been received for a week. I got the message today that I was going to have to pay $359 for the replacement parts, because DJI did not repair or replace items when it was not a product malfunction. As you can imagine, I was very irritated and fired back with a lot of information, etc. I am waiting now to see what they say. I had a P3A for 1.5yrs and never had any issues. I sold it to my cousin when I received the Mavic. If they do not make it right, I will certainly no longer be a fan of DJI.

I had one occurrence of a lost connection. I was only about 100 yards out and it initiated RTH like its supposed to. I restarted the TX and it connected again without a problem. Kinda scared me though.
-CF

Who all has had a problem with their Mavic dropping out of the sky, losing connection, loss of signal, etc. issues lately? I know someone mentioned that there were 5 or so similar occurrences that happened with Mavic's built within a few weeks of each other. I would like to know how many of us have had these issues. Thanks. Your feedback is extremely important!

I've had my mavic for about two months and have been traveling around the states flying it in various locations with no problems.
Tonight I flew it in Alabama in the city and it was 100m up and about 1000m away when I got a signal interference alarm and then it totally disconnected on the rc controller and lost video.
My drone did not return to home and no way of finding it.

Wow that is awful. So sorry to hear that. How is DJI ok with allowing this to go on? I never had any issues like this with my Phantom 3.

I've had my mavic for about two months and have been traveling around the states flying it in various locations with no problems.
Tonight I flew it in Alabama in the city and it was 100m up and about 1000m away when I got a signal interference alarm and then it totally disconnected on the rc controller and lost video.
My drone did not return to home and no way of finding it.

Jesus.

That's horrible. Really sorry to hear it, man.

City flying? Night? Big buildings? Signal loss?

Bad.

As of the last few days I've had both total RC disconnections as well as app disconnections.

This worrisome.. seems like more and more cases like these going on..

what firmwares were you all running when this happened?

I was flying with my friend last evening. His RC disconnected suddenly. Luckily drone was still hovering above.. didn't drift. He got his connection back that and able to assume control.

Myself. I had an incident last Saturday morning. Did my usual pre-check and launched when everything appeared to be ok. At about 30m away and 10m high, my mavic started drifting to the left. A "Weak GPS Signal" message appeared. This was followed by a Compass Error and a IMU Heading Exception error. I had no idea what all that was about so i quickly RTH.

And looking at the flight record, the horizontal distance showed a sudden jump from 40m (where I received error messages) to 80m even though the drone wasn't moving that much. Flight record showed there were 15 satellites and full bars but suddenly dropped to zero. What could have caused that? Compass error?

Both of us are using the latest firmware,

Question.. Should I calibrate compass before every flight?

Reactions: Cerberus
I was flying with my friend last evening. His RC disconnected suddenly. Luckily drone was still hovering above.. didn't drift. He got his connection back that and able to assume control.

Myself. I had an incident last Saturday morning. Did my usual pre-check and launched when everything appeared to be ok. At about 30m away and 10m high, my mavic started drifting to the left. A "Weak GPS Signal" message appeared. This was followed by a Compass Error and a IMU Heading Exception error. I had no idea what all that was about so i quickly RTH.

And looking at the flight record, the horizontal distance showed a sudden jump from 40m (where I received error messages) to 80m even though the drone wasn't moving that much. Flight record showed there were 15 satellites and full bars but suddenly dropped to zero. What could have caused that? Compass error?

Both of us are using the latest firmware,

Question.. Should I calibrate compass before every flight?

Normally you don't have to do that every flight..

But I do look at the compass settings now and then and if I see some of its detection amiss, I'll do the calibration just in case..
either that or when the DJI go 4 app tells you to do one..

Reactions: st_meow
Guess what. A friend in my flying group just lost his Mavic Pro. He was about 100m away 27m high, suddenly drone started spinning and next thing it disconnected. He is trying to see if can locate the drone based on last seen position.

This is getting worrisome. Because 3 out of 6 of us in the group had issues within this week.

Reactions: ldcam21
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803