DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Lost, Phone Battery became empty in the middle of the flight, cannot retrieve the logs.

leoneed

Reactions
I was flying my mavic, and wind starts, myphone battery was dead already on 27% ofmavics battery, i pressed RTH on remote, and 240 meters away from home point Mavics battery died as well :( can some one help me to locate it? Coz I can trace it just till the point when the phone was on. PLZZ

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

the point is that the logs ends at 27 percents of mavic battery, it is exactly when phone died.it was about 700 meters to RTH. But drone flyed about 500m more before its battery died and it landed somwhere.
here is the flight log:

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

is it somehow possible to get last mavics location from remote control?

is it somehow possible to get last mavics location from remote control?
No. All available information is stored in the above flight log.

By looking at the path your Mavic took on the way back to the home point, you can tell wind was a factor here.

Location1.jpg

Considering the speed it was traveling, the direction it was heading, and the amount of usable battery that remained, it most likely auto landed around this area:

Location2.jpg

The approximate coordinates are unknown since the wind was a factor. You can find the coordinates for the yellow box above in Google Earth.

Wind must have been really crazy, first time I see a log where the aircraft can't even fly the right direction to go towards the home point.
Now about taking off with a nearly flat phone battery...

Reactions: Oconnb910
Also a good case study indicating why it's NOT a good idea to use the control device for anything but flying the Mavic. My phone has nothing to do with my drone; my drone device is stripped down to ONLY fly the drone.

It also reminds me why I bought a Marco Polo tracker for my Mavic.

Yup. "Phone battery low, windy outside, what could possibly go wrong?"
Where I work, there's this 3 Whats to ask before you start a job.
1. What could go wrong?
2. What's the likely it could go wrong?
3. What can I do to avoid it?
If you have doubts, don't proceed.
I had 100% battery on my iPhone 7, after flying with 3 batteries on a sunny day, my phone battery was down to about 50%. I make a point to have my Mavic landed by the 30% battery mark.

Reactions: choo choo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird