DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Low Noise props supposed to look like this?

WilliamG

Reactions
I bought these from B&H, and noticed on the props that don’t have the gold circle on them, the props look a little bent in the middle.

It’s hard to explain, and hard to photograph, but on the leading edge of those props there’s definitely a “tweak” in the material.

Bear in mind this is two new packages of two props showing the same thing, so I’m wondering if it’s normal. Anyone with any insights? Thanks!

Attachments

• E9252987-69E1-4F2E-8458-F810ADFB5D4A.jpeg
    E9252987-69E1-4F2E-8458-F810ADFB5D4A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 212
  • 13C6036A-A846-4661-B119-040F6CAF29D6.jpeg
    13C6036A-A846-4661-B119-040F6CAF29D6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 216
Here’s one more picture. It really looks like a stress bend, but two packages with the same issue is giving me pause...

Attachments

• BCDFE03D-77A7-4B0C-85D9-D9900963D13E.jpeg
    BCDFE03D-77A7-4B0C-85D9-D9900963D13E.jpeg
    997.9 KB · Views: 146
My MPP props are definitely softer than the original MP props, but they don't have a kink in them like yours have. I have 8 of the new props and none have the pinch or kink on them, however I don't think they'll affect the flying at all

My MPP props are definitely softer than the original MP props, but they don't have a kink in them like yours have

Darnit. Guess I'll be sending them back for replacements. Frustrating that it's both packages, since it makes me wonder what's going on with shipping/packaging etc.

Thanks for the reply.

Here’s one more picture. It really looks like a stress bend, but two packages with the same issue is giving me pause...

I think you already know. Mine don't have the kink but I really think I'm going back to the original props. I don't notice a difference in the sound & they may even be louder in the wind.

Darnit. Guess I'll be sending them back for replacements. Frustrating that it's both packages, since it makes me wonder what's going on with shipping/packaging etc.

Thanks for the reply.

Some posters of the DJI forum have reported these on their props , but I don't think it impacts on flying. By the way where did you get them from, an official source ?

Here is a thread here on the Platinum props and vibration issues

Low noise Props - excessive vibration?

Some posters of the DJI forum have reported these on their props , but I don't think it impacts on flying. By the way where did you get them from, an official source ?

B&HPhoto is where I got them from. Do you have a link to these forum posts? Thanks.

B&HPhoto is where I got them from. Do you have a link to these forum posts? Thanks.

See post #6 , are you using these on a Mavic or Platinum ?

B and H are very reputable, no problems with genuine props from them, some other sources are a bit iffy

See post #6 , are you using these on a Mavic or Platinum ?

Thanks for updating the post with the link! I'm using them on a "regular" Mavic Pro.

Seems one guy had the kinks on fake props and OEM props.

I didn't notice any excessive vibration with these on the Mavic Pro for a few minutes of testing. But there's definitely more gimbal movement when doing lateral movements left/right with the low-noise props vs the original Mavic Pro props.

Not sure how much of that (if any) is due to the kinks...

*sigh*

Probably worth getting them swapped out for peace of mind, I guess...

Thanks for updating the post with the link! I'm using them on a "regular" Mavic Pro.

I had the vibration problem when I used them on my Mavic as well, it looked like the gimbal was going to fly off, changed back to the original props and there was no vibration at all

I had the vibration problem when I used them on my Mavic as well, it looked like the gimbal was going to fly off, changed back to the original props and there was no vibration at all

My gimbal looked fine, but I just felt like there was a hair more vibration when down low next to me. It's hard to say, given the physical condition of the low-noise props, whether this is important/an issue or not.

I replied to that other thread since it seems to have more traction. Thanks again for the link. Will get to the bottom of this one way or another. :)

Show us a photo of the box they came in. Both sides. And NO, they shouldn't look like that. Also are you running the most current FW on the Pro or do you have a MPP

After I put a full battery through the platinum props on the MP , there was no longer any gimbal vibration, it was like they needed to be broken in.

Show us a photo of the box they came in. Both sides. And NO, they shouldn't look like that. Also are you running the most current FW on the Pro or do you have a MPP

I’m running regular MP with latest firmware. Here are the pictures you requested.

Attachments

• 4FB48A71-7C1C-44A9-9DE5-DBE57DAB2A3A.jpeg
    4FB48A71-7C1C-44A9-9DE5-DBE57DAB2A3A.jpeg
    909 KB · Views: 33
  • E8D4E84D-E0DD-4EE4-B390-F661B4F54F35.jpeg
    E8D4E84D-E0DD-4EE4-B390-F661B4F54F35.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
I'd just try flying with them to see if there are any problems, a lot of propellers get nicks and dents but still perform perfectly.

However I'd check them for body clearance on the MP, especially the rear propellors, there is a few mm in it.

With new props i notice alot of people getting these kinked props from shipping. I myself did not have that but I did have the gimbal vibration error basically the gimbal looks like it's having a spaz attack and it's jumping up and down real fast. if you just gave it a pretty good bit of throttle it would go away for the whole flight but I wasn't too comfortable with that, every flight It would throw that gimbal vibration error, and if I flew around for a minute it would go away. Needless to say I'm up back to the old props not a problem since.... I think the way the mavic pro Platinum esc's are set up you don't get this vibration with the gimbal I have not heard one person complain about it so it's something with the way The Old mavic Pro ESC's handles the RPMs that might be causing the vibration. Either that, or because at hover u are spinning at roughly 50 rpm less then with old props. (New props have more pitch so less rpm needed at hover) could be a gain issue? There is gain settings in go 4 but i have not experimented.

I just got a set of the MPP props. Two of the four had kinks. They do look like stress/packaging kinks. Interestingly it's the two without the white rings. Running my finger along the ones with the white rings, they are also not as smooth as I had hoped.

i used a hairdryer on hot setting, heated up both sides of the leading edges, they smoothed out beautifully. The kinks are gone. Now all 4 props are smooth and consistent.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000