DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic, Mavic Pro, Mavic Pro Platinum? Can of Worms?

Rob C

Reactions
I am currently flying my very first drone, a Spark, given to me for Christmas in 2017. I was shocked and totally stoked because I have researched and salivated over owning a drone. My daughter, giver of said drone, now wants to know if I would rather have a Mavic Air? I have read what there is to read re: the Air and it seems like a nice upgrade but the one feature it currently does not possess is Occusync or Lightbridge (sorry if spellings butchered). The fly-by-WiFi thing with the Spark makes me uncomfortable as we live in very rural area surrounded by marshlands and water. Very beautiful but very dangerous for drones should it become unresponsive. I want the opinions of the veteran Mavic pilots on this forum. I personally would like something a little larger, quieter, with better flight time, and better camera than Spark hence the title of this thread.

I personally would like something a little larger, quieter, with better flight time, and better camera than Spark hence the title of this thread.
Check out the Mavic Pro Platinum. It's all of those things.

If I were you, I would skip the Air and go with a Mavic Pro, not Platinum. You can get great deals on MP these days, the Platinum price is still lofty.

Mavic Pro parts are widely available, and are cheaper than the MPP.

Reactions: Cbslagle
I have the Spark, Mavic Air and Mavic Pro (added the low-noise-props) and a few other drones. The Mavic Pro is a solid machine, the one I fly most of those 3. I agree with @Thunderdrones get the MP, the low-noise-props are a nice cheap upgrade and are significantly quieter IMHO.

Reactions: Former Member
I have just bought the Mavic Pro (previously Phantom 3 Pro). The MP when set up correctly takes quality video and can be set up to take very good images also.

Infact it is incredible that this little beauty can take such good footage - very impressed. There are some really good deals on nearly new Mavic Pros here in the UK currently. Look around.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS